Kick Your Game

Tionne's POV

________________________________________

A week in and Lisa was already complaining. I wasn't gonna ruin her hopes by telling her it only gets harder tho. The first week is usually the easiest.

Lisa: Good God, now I know the struggles of being a college student.

Me: It's not that bad. After all, you got it easy with two sophomores to show you the way.

Ro: She's right. If you need help, we are here.

Me: Yes. We will show you right from wrong.

Lisa: Ok. I have no idea what to do with all this work.

Ro: You call that a lot of work..

She said under her breath.

Me: I know.

I took the books from her and put them on the floor.

Me: We can go get Tae and do laser tag right now... And finish this when we get back.

Lisa: I guess I could use a break. You comin Ro?

Ro: Yup.

We got to the laser tag and stood at the counter. This part always cracked me up because every time we went there, they had to measure to see if we were tall enough and me and Tae were (but Ro and Lisa weren't). So the man told them they couldn't go in.

Lisa: I am damn near 25 years old and you won't let me in a kiddie game?

Man: Sorry, but if you don't have proof of your age, you can't go in.

Lisa and Ro gave him their I.Ds along with some glares.

Man: Sorry for the inconvenience.

Then he let them through and we were dying laughing.

Ro: Tee you can't be laughing cuz your ass is short too.

Me: But I'm the tallest in the group.

Lisa: Still short.

Me: Still the tallest.

Ro: Still short tho.

I rolled my eyes and we went to gear up. It was me and Ro (blue) against Tae and Lisa (red). We went into the arena and ran when the siren went off.

Me: You watch our base and I will invade theirs.

Ro: Aight, you better beat them there tho.

Me: I know.

I ran to their base and climbed up to the top of their tower, then I hid. It was a good plan because of course, Lisa went up there too and when she turned around, I shot her vest, turning off her gun.

Lisa: Dammit.

She aimed her gun at me and started climbing down the tower, but when her gun turned back on, I shot her again. I followed her down and kept shooting her every time her gun powered up again. I thought she'd be a harder target. After I got bored getting points off Lisa, I went looking for Tae. I eventually found her and she was aiming her gun at Ro from a distance. I shot her vest and ran before she could see me. Yeah, I'm a beast at laser tag. I celebrated too early tho because I ran straight into Lisa. I'll say, I took a hard fall, but I was good, Lisa put down her gun and kneeled next to me.

Lisa: You okay?

Me: I don't know.

Tae: Don't let her fool you.

I looked over and saw Tae aiming her gun at me, and I shot her by reflex then jumped up before Lisa could even pick up her gun.

Me: You should listen to Tae. She knows what she's talking about.

I said before running away. I found Ro and we double teamed Lisa and Tae the rest of the game. When we were heading home, you could tell they were feelin salty cuz they lost.

Tae: Man Tee was cheating.

Lisa: I know. She kept shooting me as soon as my thing powered up.

Me: That's how you play. I have no shame in my game.

Ro: Y'all just mad y'all lost.

Tae: Ain't no one mad. I coulda beat you if you wasnt cheating.

Me: I'm detecting a sore loser.

Lisa: Whateva.

Tae: I'll see y'all around. I'm going home.

Me, Ro, and Lisa: Aight.

When we got back to our room, we worked on our boatload of homework.