chapter 4

a.n i forgot the last names of my own characters, if I got it wrong, someone pls tell me.

wattpad has been having some troubles with updating

send me things! reneeimercado02@gmail.com

She felt an unimaginable wave of panic, sadness, and guilt swarming inside of her, threatening to spill. The words lodged itself in her throat as she stared at his beautiful bluish-greenish eyes which held so much sadness inside of it. Gabrielle was asleep as James's eyes zoned on the little girl in his mate's arms, and his brain pieced everything together.

His throat became dry and he suddenly felt the inevitable betrayal blooming inside of him and he instantly regretted ever coming. He felt tears prick behind his eyes as his mate stood there, shocked as her eyes bared her entire soul to him. James gulped and took two steps back, Opal felt something sting inside of her at the new distance but hid it inside of her.

"I-I," the words could not escape her throat as she felt the new tears streamed down her face, wanting to disappear from existence.

"Opal, we'd like to talk to you," Alpha Jacob said, breaking her out whatever trance held her. Her eyes looked straight into her Alpha's and noticed his sorrowful expression. She felt a hand land on her shoulder, she smelt the comforting scent of Trent's right behind her and relaxed slightly at his touch.

Alpha James' eyes zoned in on the hand on his shoulders mate, instantly, he wanted to remove it. The mix feelings confused it the more he spent time near her, but he was her mate and she was his, she belonged to him and only him. Trent, sensing the Alpha's protective nature, removed his hand from his shoulder and looked at the ground.

"O-okay," Opal managed to breathe out, moving to the side and patted Brielle on the back and allowed the Alpha's the enter the apartment. Alpha James' scent affected Opal in both bad and good ways, and as he passed her, she felt something twist inside of her. Citrine felt her nature call out to her, wanting to claim her mate, but at the same time feared him, for the terrible past she had to deal with scarred her for life.

She slowly backed away into Opal's mind, terrified the same thing would happen all over again. Opal knew her fear as she felt the same thing sprout into her body.

The Alpha's sat in her living room, their large bodies taking up the entire space and it instantly felt confining and tense in the tiny apartment. Opal and Trent sat across from them, sitting on the couch opposite and sat up straight, feeling their power radiate off of them like bullets. Too much power to handle.

"Opal, meet Alpha James, or James, your mate," Alpha Jacob explained slowly, looking over to the Alpha sitting on the right of him.

Opal licked her bottom lip, the name James playing in her mind like a broken record player. She wanted to test it out on her own tongue, but feared for the worst and bit her lip, preventing her of that. She looked over at Alpha James, not making eye contact with him and noticed his solemn expression, his eyes landing on the little baby in her arms. Opal had immediately held her baby close to her, not liking the glare that he possessed over her.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" Alpha Jacob suggested, his eyebrow-raising as a slight command. With a large, yet shaky sigh, she took a big gulp and bit her lip. Her submissive nature making her speak as she looked at the ground.

"I'm Opal Quinton," she murmured quietly, her voice cracked in the middle as she thought of her tormentor speaking her name in a taunting voice. She blinked back the tears and tightened her arms around her sleeping child.