chapter 17

a.n hiya it's been a while, hasn't it? am i really promoting my youtube channel? yes, yes I am. swipe the screen to take a look at my san Fran vid! idk why there's a typo in the thumbnail...i already changed it but it still like this smh.

also has anyone watched 365 days, i literally cannoootttttt with all the tiktoks about it. it's like every Wattpad mafia book XD

hi pls like and comment?? i love reading comments

recap: Opal cried into his shirt as James pulled her closer into his chest. His head tucked in her neck whispering comforting words into her ears. "He's found me. He's found me," she repeated into his chest, her sobs muffled in his shirt. James' heart squeezed painfully in his chest, instinctively tightening his hold, his wolf growling at who dares hurt his mate.

"He's not gonna hurt you, he will never hurt you. You're safe here Opal, no one will ever lay another hand of you and that's a promise,"

-

James woke up with Opal tucked safely in his arms. The female wolf was pressed against his chest mumbling softly in her sleep, her face was calm and no hint of last night's nightmare was left. He sighed in relief and pressed a soft kiss on the top of her head and rubbed her back slowly. 

Last night's episode had taken a toll on both of them, James had more questions than answers and felt more distraught over his mate than before. His wolf stirred slightly, remembering how terrified Opal was and whimpered. They were both worried about their mate and had no idea how else to help her. James was left in a confused mess and all he could do was comfort her.

Her nightmare had left a scar in his heart. The fear in her eyes, her shaking body, her screams had brought tears to his eyes. There was nothing more he wanted to do than take all her pain away or put her pain onto him. James just wanted to continue to hold her until everything was okay. But he knew that shielding her away from anything wouldn't help her. 

"I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise," he whispered onto Opal's head before pressing another gentle kiss to her forehead. Deciding that he couldn't wait any longer, he gently unravelled her small body off of his. Opal instinctively tightened her hold on him and he felt something bubble in the pit of his stomach. The corners of his mouth twitch before inhaling her scent once more before slowly placed her next to him. 

He could hear a whimper escape past her lips as he fully removed himself from her and he instantly wanted to continue to lay with her. But he had other important matters to attend to. 

Taking in her sleeping form he grabbed the blanket at the end of the bed and tucked her underneath it. "I'll be back soon," James whispered before removing the stray hairs out of her face.

Noticing that Brielle was sleeping in the cot next to the bed, he made his way around the bed towards the little pup. The little black-haired baby was sucking her tiny thumb in her mouth, blissfully unaware of everything that was happening around her. A small smile slowly made it's way to James' lips. She may not be his biological daughter, but she was Opal's and that alone he knew would be enough to love this little pup like his own. 

"Good morning Brielle," he felt himself whisper towards the baby. The little pup stirred in her sleep as James brought his finger to caress her chubby cheek. Something blossomed in his chest as he saw the corner of her mouth go upwards before he bent down and pressed his lips onto her forehead. "I'll see you soon," he continued before he pulled himself back.