The Escape

Jake Flier

When I got into my family's car and saw my brother and sister I didn't need to ask questions, I already knew. Unfortunatley, so did the twins. I tried to lie to them for their peace of mind. "It'll be okay." I said, putting my arm around my brother's shoulder. My sister scowled at me and shook her head. She knew the risks we were taking were dangerous. She was so smart at such a young age.

I thought about the memories we all had shared together. Vacations, movie outtings, family holidays. No wonder my sister wasn't happy with me. I was a jerk to both of them. I was the mean brother. I pulled pranks and beat my brother up just for fun. If we made it through this, I vowed to become a better brother. Kristen looked at me with disbelief. She'd be the first to call me out if I broke that promise. My brother smiled at me. He had faith in me. At least someone did.

The plan was to get out of the country fast. Now that it was considered illegal to have certain mental illnesses. My family didn't make it far. We didn't even get out of the state. State Patrol found us quick. My mom tried out running them, but their cars were faster. Once we were caught we were split up into three different cars. I was in a car by myself, my siblings in one of their own and my parents in another.

I tried to ask the Officers questions, but no one would give me any information. Later I assumed my parents had been arrested. I still have no clue where my siblings are.

A/N

I've been interviewing people with different mental disorders, especially one that I was skeptical of. I thought it was just an illness Hollywood made up to make things seem interesting. After interviewing people, I have made the decision to continue posting updates on this story and putting a twist to what everyone is used to! 

~Amara