Thai's Chapter.

Thai.

A woman came to talk to me. She was a Therapist. When you have to talk to a Therapist it meant something bad happened, or something bad had already happened and they just wanted information on the subject. I felt surprisingly calm, despite what the future could potentially hold within the next half hour. I sat on my cot staring at the door.

The woman that came through the door was not what I was expecting. She was a young pretty blonde with high and chubby cheak bones. her hair was down. All of the Therapists I've had in the past were either men or were older ladies with their dark hair in a tight prude-like bun. She smiled a friendly, unafraid smile at me.

"Hi, Thai. My name is Dr. Wells."

"You're not what I was expecting." She tilted her head. "It's not a bad thing. You're pretty." She blushed and smiled again.

"Oh. Well, thank you." She got serious all of a sudden. "Can I ask you a few questions?" Telling a Therapist "no" or even defying one came with bad punishments. I wanted to know what sort of questions I was going to be asked beforehand, but I knew I didn't have that privlege.

I just nodded. She nodded her head in a weird way. I figured I was being recorded on some device. I wish I knew why. Suddenly I felt nervous. A panic attack swep over me. The room wnet blurry, I don't know how much time had passed. I heard Dr. Wells gasp and some other noises. She said my name. "Stay with me, Thai. You're okay." She said in a soothing voice. With gentle small arms and her finger tips, she made the bad feeling go away. When everything came back into focus the worry on her face changed into a relieved smile. I knew I really was okay.

"What kind of sedation drug did you give me?" She laughed.

"The natural kind." I didn't know what that meant. But I was glad she did what she did. It showed me I could trust her.

"You can go ahead and ask me whatever questions you would like to now." She smiled as a way of thanking me.

"Alright, let's get settled then." She walked back to the opposite end of the table, picked up the chair that must have gotten knocked over nad sat down. "What disorders do you have, Thai?"

"Dissociative Identity Disorder, Anxiety, BiPolar Disorder, Schitzophrenia, Depression, Impotence-"

"Impotence?"

"It means I can't hold an erection." She looked surprised that I would say or even know what that meant.

"Thai... do you think that could be because of the surgeries performed on you when you hit puberty?" Huh. I never thought of it that way. I shrugged.

"Could be. I also get pleaasure seeing others in pain." That didn't scare her. Most people backed away when I told them that. All she did was write something in a notepad.

"You stated in a previous answer that you had Dissociative Identity Disorder, commonly known to the public as Multiple Personality Disorder; how many personalities do you have?"

"Thirty. Give or take." More writing in the notebook and a head tilt, this time with eyebrows raised. She was another skeptic.

"Am I speaking with any of them?"

"No, just me. I control when they come out. Would you like to speak with one?"

"You can control them?" I nodded.

"Most of the time."

"I didn't know that was possible." Hank came out to speak.

"There's a lot you don't know about us." She blinked a few times.

"That was Hank." I explained. He was one of the harder to control Personalities.

"Oh... Can you tell me about Hank?"

"He's harder to control than the others. He's an old man. Kinda grumpy, racist. Typical old man."

"Does he have any family?" We sat in silence for a bit as I thought about how to explain this all to her. It was a common misconception that Personalites were related. Really, the only thing they had connecting them was me, their Host.

"Um, no. He doesn't actually."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I appologize." Hank came back out.

"Do you think we're stupid? Or is it just you that's stupid?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, lady."

"Hank, I didn't mean to offend."

"'Course you did. Oh, sorry, 'I appologize', no one ever means to offend in the outside world. Bunch of fucking snowflakes. At least that's how it was back in my day. Then again, you rich business folks don't really bother to care, do you?" I was very grateful she knew it was Hank instead of me that was spouting off. She didn't say anything for a long while. I wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe I would get thrown into Isolation.

"You're not going to make them put me into a padded room, are you?" A lot fo my previous cell mates went there... a lot. She gave an awkward half smile.

"You won't have to worry about that. Why have your cell mates gone there so often?"

"No idea. They were jerks. It was a nice temporary vacation from them. No harrassment."

"Why did they harrass you?" Many flashbacks of mistreatment flooded back into my memory. Mean jokes, punches and kicks. Sometimes they would use homeade weapons on me. I lovd the days when I would be alone. Although I knew they wouldn't last forever. I imagined they did. I dreamt of the days where population would get smaller and our cells would only have one person in each cell. Instead of 2-4.

Dr. Wells started asking questions about a particular cell mate I used to have. Like everyone else, he was a total asshole. She said they were running some sort of test on him, that if proven to be successful would be ran on all of us. What made him so special?

"Be careful. He's dangerous." I warned.

"Why do you say that?"

"He's attacked me the longest and much worse than the others. He's in High Security now."

"So I've heard..."

"He's there for a reason. I'm glad he's gone. Good luck with your testing. Although, if you want someone with a better functioning brain to test on, you know where to find me."

"I'll keep you posted. She wrote something down in the notepad again and circled it. "Thank you for meeting with me today. Until we meet again." She shook my hand and with that she left. I wonder what she mant by that. Until we meet again.

A/N

This chapter took me so long to write and I feel like I didn't do a good enough job. This was the hardest chapter to write thus far. I almost gave up! But I refuse to give up until the ending. I almost scraped this chapter because there was supposed to be so much more, but I felt like I didn't portray people with D.I.D. as well as I would have liked to. Maybe there will be a better Thai chapter in the future. I hope so. Message me with information if you have any. It will be between you and me unless you would like it to be known that you've helped portray a more accurate view of D.I.D.

Thank you!