[ Artist #17 ] @TemmieDeAmor

Username: TemmieDeAmorJoin date: February, 2016Artbooks: ♡Broken Pencils | Old Art Book 🔥, ♡ Scattered Markers | Art Book 🎼

Join date: February, 2016
Artbooks: ♡Broken Pencils | Old Art Book 🔥, ♡ Scattered Markers | Art Book 🎼

Featured Art

What inspired you to start your art journey?I've been drawing all my life and seen different artists with different art styles

I've been drawing all my life and seen different artists with different art styles. I had nothing to do in my time when I was a little, so watching my mom draw simple stuff inspired me (even though she wasn't an art person she just drew when she had nothing to do) and seeing the power your hands can control when drawing is just amusing. And as Bob Ross says, you can literally move mountains. (cough my first illustration was a spongebob jellyfish *cough*)

And my best friend before was reading Wattpad reading Barry Allen stuff so I logged to check out stuff, and while I was exploring Wattpad, I found Usagi's @usagi_no_baka) art book so I thought to myself "WWHHAAAAAAT? YOU CAN POST ARTTTT??". And that's what I did :DD

How long have you been an artist?
I've been an artist before I went to school. That single piece of paper and pencil was mY CALLING. Then in first grade I met a girl my age who had majestic art. Soon I wanted to reach that level because I was quite a competitive kid when I was young. Soon I reached that level.

It's good to have someone better than you so you can look up to them and follow their art as you go along climbing the ladder of improvement. But in some cases, some people look up to one person only and end up copying their style. This is why you should look up to multiple (or maybe even more) artists to develop your own style or to get inspiration from. You can get your eye coloring style from her, hair shading from that other artist, and skin shading from another. This is good so you can develop your own style (wow I got off topic real quick)

What does posting art on Wattpad mean to you?
I originally wanted to read and write stories here in Wattpad and I kept drawing as a side hobby, then while exploring wattpad for a little while longer I found a couple of artbooks which lead me to say "I can do that too!" Then I did.

Wattpad was the first place where I posted my art, I would consider it as my "hometown" in my art journey and where everything began.

Any advice for artists starting out on Wattpad?
You can have every single good quality material out there. Copics, cintiq, good af quality paper worth like 50 bucks and paint tool sai. But you won't get anywhere if you focus on these instead of your art. Yes, these will enhance the quality of your illustration. Like Paint Tool Sai over Ms Paint, we can see which is more superior and which has more easy settings, but you are doing 95% of the work. Not the program. So it's good to already know the basics on pencil and paper before getting these really high quality stuff. (I mean I ain't stopping you from getting them, it's still pretty much your choice if you were to get or buy the stuff)

Don't forget to check this artist out on their profile, show them support on their artbook or even drop a follow!