[ Artist #22 ] @One-Trash-Dork

Username: One-Trash-DorkJoin date: March, 2014Artbooks: The "How I Art" Doodle Book

Join date: March, 2014
Artbooks: The "How I Art" Doodle Book

Featured Art

What inspired you to start your art journey?

I started drawing ever since I was in kindergarten. I exposed myself to my older sister's anime drawings and comics since I found them really awesome; it basically inspired me to follow her footsteps and be as good as her when drawing. On top of that, we would often watch anime and cartoon shows together, to which I would sometimes draw the characters I liked.

Upon reaching elementary, I started to become competitive when it comes to art – joining several art contests and poster-making contests throughout the years. Drawing also basically became a hobby of mine as I would always end up spending all of my pad paper sheets through endless doodles.

But upon reaching Grade 6, I started to become even more competitive due to partaking as a cartoonist in our journalism trainings. Additionally, through that particular victory I had during the DSPC in our city, I had come to realize that I should hone my artistic capabilities even further, and that I still have a long way to go even though I won because, after all, there will always be a bigger obstacle after every challenge you overcome. Overcoming that obstacle basically motivated me to do better in art...

And that's how my art journey came to being. I reached even greater heights when I learned how to do digital art, and when I learned more about the complexities of art. And I have yet to discover more in my adventure of a lifetime.

How long have you been an artist?
As stated from earlier, I started drawing ever since I was 4. Though I wouldn't refer to myself as an artist but rather – a doodler, since I refer to my drawings as doodles.

What does posting art on Wattpad mean to you?
Posting art in Wattpad means that I am showing the world what I'm capable of through the pieces I make with my hands and fingers. Additionally, I'm hoping that I am able to inspire people through the things I draw. Simply put, drawing can be referred to as my alternative way of communication.

But most of all, I have really enjoyed posting my art in Wattpad because of all the people who appreciate the things I draw. Seeing them give me even the smallest compliments and giving me advice to better myself makes me feel more confident about my skills and it helps motivate me to do better. Additionally, posting my art in Wattpad has given me an opportunity to meet several people who now hold a special place in my heart, a.k.a. The Potato Fam (Thanks so much, fraaaaandsss!!!)

Any advice for artists starting out on Wattpad?
I'm not really good at giving advices but, if you want to start an art career in Wattpad, you'll need to have time management since drawing takes time, and you wouldn't want to have your priorities stack up from behind you (which usually happens to me because I'm a lazy ass).

Also, starting an art book and trying to garner attention from the community may be pretty difficult, but don't let that discourage you as it really takes time. It's basically your first step to shaping up your career, so you don't have to worry about having only a few votes at first. It'll grow as time goes. Just keep on drawing to your heart's content, do what you enjoy doing as an artist.

Also, once you've gotten used to the art community, never expect too much and never get discouraged just because someone is better than you but instead, treat them as an obstacle to overcome – an motivation to improve, and an inspiration to do better.

Good luck, and I hope this helps! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Don't forget to check this artist out on their profile, show them support on their artbook or even drop a follow!