-| 2 / what happened to crystal meadows |-

One month before

Crystal opened her eyes and found herself standing in the middle of a forest next to a lake. She looked around in terror, as the sun rose, and realised that she had no idea where she was.

She backed against a tree and slipped down to the ground, sobbing as she thought about everything that had happened just a few moments before. Her brother's blood was staining her dress and hands from holding him.

A few moments passed when she heard footsteps and leaves rustling. She got to her feet and hid behind the tree, holding her breath.

Someone put a knife on her throat, making her gulp.

"Who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my property?", a male voice hissed. Whoever her attacker was, he was still on the side of the tree to avoid being seen.

She grabbed his wrist and pushed his arm away, then ducked before he could attack again. She turned and looked at where he was supposed to be hiding, but found no-one standing there.

Someone charged towards her from behind. She dodged to the side as a dark haired guy face-planted on the tree.

He turned around panting. Just like his hair, his eyes were black and he looked a little familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on why. He didn't appear to be any older than eighteen. He was about to attack again, when Crystal held up her arm, using her magic to pin him against another tree.

"You're a witch too? Great!", he groaned.

"Why did you attack me?", she glared at him.

"What's with the blood?", he asked, noticing the stain on her dress.

"That's none of your business.", she hissed.

"I don't suppose it's yours. If it was you wouldn't have dodged me so fast.", he smirked.

"Shut up!", she yelled at him.

"Nope. What the hell are you doing on my property?"

"Your property? I didn't know people owned the forest.", she crossed her arms.

"Not people; just me and not the entire forest just these parts."

"What parts?", she asked, baiting for information on her location.

"Have you been crying?", he changed the subject.

"Also none of your business."

"I'm assuming it has to do with the blood.", he guessed.

"Stop it!", she shrieked, pushing him harder.

"You know what? Stop it with a magic and make this a fair fight because I'm getting tired of this!", he sneered.

"How is it a fair fight when you have a knife and I'm unarmed?"

"How is a fair fight when I can't even fight back?"

Crystal felt embarrassed, but knew better than to trust him.

"Nice try. There wouldn't have even been a fight in the first place if hadn't attacked me, so I'm pretty sure that you owe me an explanation.", she crossed her arms.

"Trust issues. You're not new to this are you?"

"Who the hell are you?"

"My name's Alex. Who the hell are you?"

Crystal hesitated. "Maya."

"Right... I told you my real name, don't I deserve to know your real name too?"