-| 10 / you have no idea |-

Crystal, now remembering everything that's been going on in the real world, stopped running when she reached her room. She didn't get a chance to lock the door behind her, because Grayson was right behind her and managed to slip inside.

"Agnes, what's going on?", he asked his sister.

"I remember everything and I don't want to wake up. I know what has happened and have an overall idea of what's going to happen and I don't want to be part of it.", she rambled. She froze when the door opened again and Scott walked in.

"Princess, let me explain--"

"No! I don't want to know! I don't care anymore. You can go ahead and return to the real world if you want, but I'm not going to follow you.", she interrupted him. "Never again."

"Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?", Grayson jumped into the conversation.

"It's a very long story.", Scott told him.

"I've got time!", he yelled at him.

"I'm just going to give you a summary. Dad has an evil twin, everyone's preparing for war, you, Faith, Benny and I don't even know who else, are dead and Scott betrayed me.", Crystal crossed her arms to hide the fact that her hands were shaking.

"I didn't do it on purpose! If you could just let me--", Scott attempted once more, in vain again.

"I told you that I don't want to know!", she glared at him.

"Crystal, please!"

"Why is he calling you Crystal?", Grayson asked.

"That's the name I go by in the so-called real world.", his sister rolled her eyes.

"Princess, this isn't real. You might like this life, but it's just an illusion. Think about Caroline--"

"Is that the best example you can give me? I failed her! I was there when Tristan died and I couldn't do anything to help him! I didn't even go to his funeral because I was too busy hiding!", Crystal said stubbornly.

"Are you really ready to leave her all alone on this?"

"All I'm saying is that I'm done running. I don't want to live on a world where most of the people I care about are dead and where I'm hunted and attacked on all fronts. The past few days may have been weird, but it's the first time I've really been happy in a long time. It's like in the morning when you have to wake up early when you're having a great dream and you just don't want it to end, because you know it's nearly, if not absolutely, impossible to have it again. This is it; this is the perfect dream and I'm not ready to wake up and face the cruel reality. I don't want to open my eyes and return to a world where people I trust betray me, where I watch my loved ones die and where I have to prepare for a war in which I'm needed as leverage. ", the princess wiped a tear, looking at Scott straight in the eyes.

"All dreams end and eventually you'll end up back in the real world. This isn't true happiness, princess. This is fake, even if you feel like you're happy, you're not, because deep down you know that it won't last. I'm not a fan of the real world either. Back there my mom is dead, my dad is an abusive drunk- if he's still alive- and I have no idea where my sister is. And I know that whether you decide to wake up or not, I'll open my eyes to a world where I'll have to live without you."

In the entire conversation, Grayson remained silent, glancing from Crystal to Scott as they argued.

"I don't want to wake up, Scott! Why don't you get it?", she yelled at him. "Even if I wanted to, I have no idea how, and I think that it's for the best. Go ahead and leave if you want. I don't give as damn anymore.", she crossed her arms and turned her back on him.