-| 22 / what an epic fail |-

A/N: There's going to be a near-make-out scene in this one, just warning ya. Not saying between who, but yeah... Not all people are comfortable with that, that's why I'm saying it. AND it's the first time I'm writing a scene like this, so feedback is welcome 😉 Anyway, I'll let you get to the story.

Another week passed by faster than Caroline, Phoebe, Esmeralda and especially Edgar had anticipated. It was time for Edgar to put plan A into motion, and he would literally rather die.

"Do I have to?", he pouted.

"Yes, you do. It's going to be okay, we have your back.", Phoebe reassured him.

"Damn, you're determined.", he sighed.

"Of course we are! The fate of two kingdoms rests upon your shoulders and your ability to lie.", Esmeralda patted his shoulder.

"No pressure there, huh?", Edgar said nervously.

"None at all.", Caroline smiled.

"Good luck.", Phoebe told him.

"Thanks, I think I'm going to need it."

"You are definitely going to need it.", Esmeralda corrected him.

"I suggest you rely on talent instead of luck. I think you're going to be more efficient if you rely on yourself rather than a superficial and probably inexistent force which is totally unpredictable.", Caroline rolled her eyes.

"That's one way to look at it...", Phoebe sighed.

"It's the only way to look at it.", Caroline muttered.

"Someone hasn't been lucky in a long time...", Esmeralda cringed.

"Shut up, Esme."

"Okay, I'm going. If I die, I'm going to haunt you fow the rest of your lives and make sure you never, ever get laid again.", Edgar threatened.

"I had just started to like you, please don't make me hate you.", Esmeralda glared at him.

"Just making myself clear.", he raised his hands in surrender.

"Try to be inconspicuous and you'll be fine. From what I've seen, your father isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.", Caroline suggested. "No offence.", she added.

"None taken."

Edgar headed towards the door and stopped with his hand on the handle, his knuckles white. Cold sweat ran down his forehead and his back.

"Wish me luck.", he left as the girls did as he asked them.

"You've got this!", Esme yelled after he'd closed the door.

Edgar navigated through the corridors of the castle, that appeared to be longer that night.

Longer and darker. He felt as if he was being watched and whenever he ran into any servant on his way to his father's room, he got the feeling that they knew what he was planning.

When he finally reached his destination, he took a really deep breath before knocking on the door.

Back into Caroline's room, there was a frantic knock and Lux entered before the girls could answer.

"Where's Edgar?", she panted.

"He went to talk with his father, why?", Caroline furrowed her eyebrows.

"No time to explain, we have to go.", the witch told them. "Now!"

Caroline dropped everything she was doing and ran to the door.