Chapter 2

I walked into my room put the keys on the desk and sat on the floor putting and organize what I need for the report of my great-great-grandfather when I put it away I had picked up the broken glasses

"I don't see why we have this; this should be in a museum or something," I look at Mojo who was laying on my bed. "What do you think Mojo?" he looked at me, tilting his head slightly. I sighed, before putting the glasses in the case and the bag, "Okay Mojo want your pain pills?" I asked as he jumped out of my bed and started barking. "Alright, I know you get wasted on these things, but if you piss in my bed, you sleep in the bed that I begged mom to buy for you, so you don't have to be outside. Got it?" I said giving the pill to him which he eats from my hand. "That's it for today, no more. Crackhead." I patted his head before grabbing my bag and keys walking out the door with Mojo following. I walked outside to see my parents working on the grass. "I'll take care of that real soon," dad told mom.

I picked up Mojo and placed him in his house after seeing him struggling going up the steps of his home, "Couldn't we have hired a professional?" Mom complained as I walked on the path that dad made knowing he's going to complain about leaving 'footprints' on the grass, "Mom, we don't need a professional, I can do that better than them."

"She's right." Dad agrees, "Alright I'm going to school." I kissed mom and dad on the cheek before heading to my car. "Be careful going to school."

"Okay," I said, climbing into the driver seat started the car and pulled off when I parked outside the school I'd grabbed my bag opened it double checking if I got everything before getting out the car and walked into the classroom.

on my last class period which is history with Mr. Hosney when everybody did the report, and I was the last one, "Ms. Witwicky, your up." I walked up in front of the class, "Sorry, I got a lot of stuff." I place my grandfather's supplies on the table and put my bag on the ground while I was about to stand in slow motion see a small folded paper flew right at me.

I catch the folded paper without realizing how fast I did it everybody was shocked that I caught it even I was shocked, "Who did that?" he stood up and looked around the room pointing his finger at them. "People, responsibility." he sat down and let me begin.

"For my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my great-great grandfather, who is a famous man. Captain Archibald Witwicky." I was about to continue until Trent, the jackass of the class and probably the school cut me off, "But, you're not related to him." I look at him annoyed.

"I don't talk about your family, and you don't talk about mine, okay/" I forced a smile gripping the table trying to control my anger. "You're not his family." and walked

"Family doesn't always be in blood; it's how they treat you as a family to them, now, shut up." Everybody oohed, I smiled proudly then look at the teacher who nods for me to continue.

"He was one of the first to explore the Arctic Circle, which is a big deal." picking up an old map showing them the map of the world what my grandfather use, "In 1897, he took 41 brave sailors straight into the Arctic shelf. "

"So, that's the story right.?" I put the map down and walk towards the tools in front of me, "And here we have some of basic instruments and tools used by 19th-century seamen." make everyone chuckled and made Mr. Hosney holding a quiet sign.

'This here is the quadrant, the sextant." holding every single tool then took the case and opened it holding my grandfather's glasses, "These are pretty cool. These are my grandfather's glasses, and I don't know why they didn't put them in the museum because they are the first to reach the Arctic Circle." I put the glasses back in the case and on the table.

"Probably to show what he used while telling a story. So, that my report." I said when the bell rings everybody packed up and leave, "Okay. Might be a pop quiz tomorrow. Might not. Sleep in fear tonight." Mr. Honsey said.

"Briana." Mr. Honsey called sitting down, I walked up to his desk and smiled, "What do you think, it's good right?"

"Yeah, and despised the fact that Trent cut you off and insult you, and you had it under control. I'll give you a solid A."

"A." I smiled holding my excitement, "Thank you." I packed my stuff and ran out the school holding my paper as I got in the car and drove towards the house. "I got an A," I screamed ran inside towards them smiling, but it slowly fades when I see my parents with a sad expression.

"Mom, dad, whats wrong?" walking towards them, "Honey come here." mom said, I sat down next to her and dad then look at the television and all my world came crashing down.

"At, 1900 local time yesterday, the SOCCENT forward operations Base in Qatar was attacked. So far as we know, there were no survivors. The objective of the attack was to hack our military network, we're not sure exactly what they're after, but we do know that they were cut off during the assault, which would lead us to assume that they're going to try again." I had tears coming from my eyes trembling like crazy making mom hug trying to comfort me.

"Now, no one's taken responsibility for the attack. At this time, we can't confirm whether there were any survivors. Our bases worldwide are, as of now, as DEFCON Delta, our highest readiness level. We're dealing with a very effective weapons system that we have not come across before. But our prayers are with the families of the brave men and women."

Mom turned off the TV and looked at me, sweetheart it's going to be okay." She assured, "No, it's not mom it hurts." I sobbed clenching my chest wanted the pain to stop. "It hurt so much please makes it stop, please it hurt so much." My parents hugged me trying to calm me down.

That day was the worse day ever, but tomorrow that's when it changes completely.