14

Jihoon, arms linked with Jinyoung entered the hall, wearing suits and looking handsome.

It was prom night and everything was beautiful, the decorations were splendid, the students looked gorgeous in their attires.

But no one could beat how beautiful Lai Guan Lin looked to Jihoon's eyes that night.

He was simply standing over there, with daehwi, looking at Jihoon with a sad smile and then they slowly approached them.

Every steps Lai Guan Lin took made Jihoon's heart race, after all these years Lai Guan Lin has the same effect on him.

Jinyoung stared at the most beautiful human being in front of him, Lee Daehwi. Daehwi took Jinyoung's breathe away, as much as he wants to deny it.

“Jinyoung, can I dance with Jihoon? Just this once and then, he's all yours again.” Guanlin asked that made Jinyoung tore his gaze away from Daehwi.

“uh y-yeah sure.” Guanlin smiled lightly at him and glanced at Daehwi.

“the both of you should dance, too.” Guanlin suggested and Jinyoung nodded his head, eyes fixed on daehwi.

“shall we?” Guanlin asked and held out his hand to which Jihoon gladly accepted.

“we shall.”

As they danced, the music changed and its lyrics pierced through Guanlin's heart.

Ive been living with devils and angels, angels, angels ♪

Realize we are on the same boat, same boat yeah ♪

Kills me, how you love me then you ♪

Cut me down, I'll do the same ♪

They swayed through the music, hearts racing, gaze fix on each others.

Guanlin's heart was clenching, Park Jihoon was so beautiful. So beautiful it hurts.

We've been living with angels and devils, devils ♪

I'm loving the pain ♪

I never wanna live without it ♪

So why do I try? ♪

Guanlin loves Jihoon, no words can describe how much he treasures the other even though all he got from Jihoon now was pain and misery.

You drive me insane ♪

Now we're screaming to see who's louder ♪

So why do I try? ♪

You got me like (na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Oh yeah ♪

Lai Guan Lin drives Park Jihoon insane, he confuses him. He was sure he loves jinyoung and that there was no more space for guanlin in his heart, yet again guanlin proves him wrong.

You and I redefine being lovesick, lovesick, lovesick ♪

Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip, oh yeah ♪

After all these years, Lai Guan Lin could still make Jihoon's heart skip.

Even when you're yelling at me ♪

I still think you're beautiful ♪

Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip ♪

Guanlin smiled bitterly as he remembered all the times Jihoon pushed him away and all those pernicious words he said.

Im loving the pain ♪

I never wanna live without it ♪

“Jihoonie, baby.” Guanlin whispered and Jihoon looked at him with questioning eyes.

I'm letting you go.”

As the music ended, Their relationship did, too.

I cried writing this, did you? ㅠㅠ
Btw, the title of the song was 'why try?' By ariana grande ♥