Light x Reader: Stares

Light's POV
I see her everyday. My ideal queen. THE ideal queen of the New World. She intelligent, minds her own business, quiet unless spoken to or someone's incorrect, kind, strong, independent, observant, funny, understanding, open minded, and beautiful. No.. gorgeous. She's breathtaking. Words can't even begin to describe how beautiful she is. She's perfect. Whenever she's near, my eyes always seem to find her and just admire her in every way possible. Sometimes I find her staring back, but she quickly looks back to the teacher or goes back to reading her book. I also look away when that happens, but not for long. I'm aware of how creepy I sound, but I cants help it. It's like she's metal and my eyes are magnets. They stick to her.
I plan on talking to her today, and hopefully confess if all goes well and if Misa doesn't pop up.
The bell rings, indicating the dismissal of class so everyone runs out of the room except for (y/n) and myself. I'm going to sleep to chat with her in the courtyard later, after next class.
As I am walking up to her, I can feel my palms start to get sweaty and my heart rate increase.

"Hey, um, (y/n)?" I start, wiping my hands on my pants.

"Yes, Light?" She answers as she stands from her sea, grabbing her bag.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to chat later? Intelligent conversation is hard to come by here." I ask, coming up with an excuse.

"Sure. I get what you mean, Light. When and where did you have in mind?" She agreed!

"Oh um, maybe the courtyard, after next period?" I suggest.

"Alright, cool." She smiles. "See you then." She waves to me as she exits the room. After a moment, I leave as well.

After Class
I practically flew out the door once the bell finally rang. But, I soon collected myself and continued to walk calmly to the courtyard.
When I get close enough, I notice (y/n)'s already there. She's reading her book under the shade of a big tree. She looks spectacular. She looks up from her book and notices me staring at her yet again. She smiles and waved at me and I gladly return the smile. I blush and quickly walk the rest of the way to her.

"Hey, Light!" She greets with a brilliant smile. "What do you want to talk about?" She puts her book in her bag. Now's my chance to confess.

"Well, um." Is all I can say. I awkwardly rub the back of my neck.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing's wrong. I just. Um. Ok. I'm in love with you, (y/n). You're highly intelligent, kind, strong, funny, independent, absolutely stunning, and I just always feel so comfortable around you." I blurted out. My face began to heat up. After a little moment of silence, (y/n) finally breaks it.

"It's about time you told me how you feel." She giggled. "It's so obvious. But that's okay because I love you too, Light Yagami." She hugged me tightly. I slowly hugged back because I was so shocked. But now, she's my queen.

Word count: 536