L x Reader: Rain

(Y/n)'s POV
"I'm going to take my break. I'll be on the roof if anyone needs me." I say as I get out of my office chair and head up the stairs of the building L built for us to find Kira.
It's been raining for half an hour now and I want to stand in it for a little while. I know it sounds weird but it helps me think and stay calm and collected at the same time?? If that makes sense.
I've been thinking about him all day again. It's making me frustrated. I can't concentrate on the case, I can barely eat anymore because I don't want him to think I'm fat and my sleeping schedule is even more messed up.
I sigh and continue up the steps. Only one more flight to go. Whoop.
He only thinks of me as a friend and don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be his friend. I just.. I just want to be more to him. I know it's selfish but I can't help it. Believe me, I've tried.

I open the door to the roof and immediately smile at the sound of the wind howling and the sight of the rain drops shooting out of the sky sideways. I take a deep breathe and close my eyes before taking a step out, my  smile growing larger by each Rain drop that slides across my face. My eyes still closed, I take in the feeling and the scent of the rain and my nerves are immediately calmed.

"Oh. Hello (y/n). What are you doing out here?" My eyelids open and I tense up faster than an alcoholic chasing the beer man when I hear that voice. That beautiful voice I love so much.

"Oh hey Ryuzaki. Just came to take. Breaks and clear my head. What about you? Why are you up here?" I ask with a smile that's mostly fake. My heart aches every time I see him but I want to see him all the time.

"Same reason. Now would you care to tell me what's wrong? You've been acting weird for quiete a while now." Ryuzaki, L, says. I think I'll just tell him now. No one else is here and I could just walk back down stairs afterwards. I sigh again and look down. Ryuzaki just looks more intrigued and moves a bit closer to me.

"Ok. I uh. I like you, Ryuzaki." I confess with my eyes still on the ground. "I know you don't like me back and I completely understand so you don't have to say anything." I finish and finally glance back up at him. He's ...smiling? What the hell? I'm guessing he notices how confused I looked.

"I'm glad. You know, I would have guessed you'd be the first person to notice I have feelings for you." Is all he says before he catches me in a massive hug. I giggle and hug him back.

————————————————————
L and I walk back downstairs hand in hand. As soon as we are in view of the others, Matsuda yells:

"Oooooohhhhh sorry Light but looks like there's a new hot couple in town."

Light scowls ad rolls his eyes. "Whatever. I'm going home. Goodnight everyone. And congrats to (y/n) and Ryuzaki." He waves as he's walking out.

"Thanks." I smile. "Now we should continue working on the case." Everyone agrees. L and I take our seats next to each other and begins working again.
After a few minutes, Ryuzaki turns to me so I look back at him. "Yes?" I ask. He looks uncomfortable.

"Can I ask you a question?" He whispers. I decide I'm not gonna be annoying and say 'you just did' instead I say sure.

"Go on." I say, getting a little scared.

"Why.. why don't you eat?" He asks with sadness in his eyes.

"Why are you talking about Ryu? Of course I eat! Other wise I'd be dead." I respond.

"You know what I mean. Today you only had a banana. That's not enough food.." He says sounding hurt.

"..because.. I didn't want you to think I'm fat." I whisper while staring at my computer screens or something other than his reaction to focus on. He didn't say anything for a minute so I went to look up at him and he slammed his lips passionately onto mine. Saying everything he wanted to without words.
I soon kissed back.
After a little while we parted for air as we were out of breathe and he put his forehead on mine.

"You are not fat, (y/n). I know that. And you should know you need to eat more. So please start eating properly again. I love you, (y/n)." Ryuzaki said and I hugged him.

"Ok. I love you too, Ryuzaki. I love you, L"

                                          Word count: 811