Near x Reader: Unforgetable

(Y/n)'s POV
In following the man known as Roger through the halls of the orphanage I've just been taken into. Whammy's House it's called, I believe.
We arrive in a cafeteria filled with a bunch of other children. It's quite loud. People are yelling and playing. I was never one to enjoy loud places, so I go closer to Roger.

"Don't worry, I won't sit you next to any of the loud ones." Roger comforts and then proceeds to walk all the way through the cafeteria. It got quiet.

"She must be the new kid." I heard people whispering as we passed them. Then they quickly went back to whatever they were doing before.
We came to a stop at a table occupied by only one person. A boy with white hair, wearing a loose long sleeved white shirt and baggy jeans, doing a puzzle. The puzzle was white. There was no picture on it. He was also twirling a bit of his hair around his finger.

"Near, this is (f/n). She's new here and isn't very fond of loud noises, or people for that matter. She will be with you." Roger explained and motioned for me to sit next to the boy. I obeyed, slowly. Then Roger walked away.

"Hello. I am Near." The boy spoke, not looking up from his puzzle.

"Greetings, Near. I am (f/n)." I answered.
We soon became friends and were inseparable for many years. Until, I had to move to the states.
I still think about our last words to each other everyday;
"(F/n)...please don't forget about me." Near cried. I began to wipe his tears, not worrying about my own. I smiled softly.
"How could I? You're unforgettable."

Years Later
There's a group called the SPK located in New York City, and I've just been invited to join in the hopes of capturing the murderer, Kira. I accepted the invitation.
I'm now in the elevator of the SPK's building, wondering what to expect. The elevator doors open and I walk out, heading down a long hall way. Once I get to the room at the end of the hall, the doors open for me and my jaw immediately drops as I see a familiar head of white hair and the same shirt I'd see everyday as a child. Those eyes that would comfort me. It was him. He was facing me.

"(F/n)?" I heard him say.

"N-near?" I gasp, tears coming to my eyes. I can't believe this. I've missed him so much and now he's right in front of me. I thought he would have forgotten about me. "You remember." I smiled while tears started to slide down my cheeks. I was not expecting this. He smiled back, widely. Then spoke.

"Of course I remember. You're unforgettable."

Word count: 473