Mello x Reader: More Than Help

(Y/n)'s POV
      "(Y/n), can you bring me the notebook and another chocolate bar?" Mello's voice rang down the hall of our underground base.

"Of course." I replied and closed my journal, but stupidly didn't put it away. I had been writing in it. I write all my thoughts and feelings in it. The ones I cannot show or talk about. Lately, my entries have been about Mello and my unspeakable feelings towards him; love and desire. The desire to be able to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I care for him and him feeling the same way. To be his and him, mine. I sigh and walk down to the main room, grabbing the murder notebook an a chocolate bar for Mello. I put on a small smile as I enter the room. "Here you go, Mello." I say and hand him the two objects he asked for. "I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in an hour or so." I informed him.

"Okay. Don't get killed, and make sure to take your fake ID and wear those big sunglasses that cover half your face." Mello replied, taking a bite of his chocolate and flipping through the book. I nodded and smiled as I left with the things I needed for the trip.

Mello's POV
Now that (y/n)'s gone, I can read her journal. I know I shouldn't but I want to see if there's anything in there about me. And if there is, how she feels about me. I saw her journal on her desk the other day, but I didn't have time to look. I get up and make my way to her room. There it is. The small light blue book was staring at me. The strap holding it closed begging to be removed. So I entered the room and did just that; opened the book. I read the most recent entry. Today:

I keep imagining what it would be like if he loved me too. If we were ever together. I hate it. I hate it so much. I hate him because I love him. But most of all, I hate myself for loving him. It's obvious I'm only help to him and will never be more than that. Why do I have to love Mello, of all people. I shouldn't hate him. I don't hate him. I hate what he does to me. It's driving me mental.

I stand there, shocked. Me? She loves me.. she hides it so well. I guess I do too, because I'm crazy about her. I want to protect her from everything in this world. I have to tell her.

(Y/n)'s POV
I walk back into the base with multiple bags of groceries and see Mello on the couch watching television. I smile then walk past him to put the food away. But he gets up.

"Let me help you with that." He offers as he takes some stuff from the bags and puts them in their proper places.

"Thanks." I smile. Once we finish we both sit down on the couch. "I'm gonna get a drink. Do you want one?" I asked him and stood.

"Sure..." he answered. I was about to walk away but he grabbed my wrist, causing me to turn to him. Then, he hugs me. Rather tightly actually. I'm too shocked to even do anything but stand still, with wide eyes.

"M-Mello.. what are you- what's wrong..?" I asked, starting to awkwardly hug back.

"You're more than help to me, (y/n). Way more... you're everything I need to survive and I want you to be mine and only mine. (Y/n).. will you be my girlfriend?" He kind of explained. Was this a trick? No.

"Of course." I replied with an enormous smile plastered on my face. I now held him tightly, afraid to let go. I know he read my journal. His words keep ringing in my ears. "You're more than help to me"

Word count: 676