Misa x Reader: Girlfriends

(Y/n)'s POV
       Misa and I had been friends for a while now. We're super close. She's currently obsessed with this dude named Moon Light or something, I don't know. I wasn't really listening to her  when she was going on and on about he's perfect for her and about how he's the greatest human ever to walk this Earth a few days ago. I don't know him but I don't like him. He doesn't deserve Misa's love.
I had developed romantic feelings for her two years ago. I haven't told anyone though. No one even knows I'm gay. I don't want to tell anyone yet. I'm scared. I don't want to ruin our friendship. I don't want her to hate me. I'd kill myself if she did. That would be easier than dealing with the pain of hate directed at you from the person you love and care about most in the universe.
She's over my house right now and we're just talking about random things. Then her phone starts ringing and we sing along to the ringtone for a bit and laugh before she answers.
"Oh, right now? But I'm with (y/n)." Misa pouts into the phone. "Okay.. I'll be right there.." she closes her phone and frowns at me. "That was work. I have to go to an important meeting."

"It's ok! Work is important so you can get money to survive." I reply with a smile on my face.

"Do you wanna come with me? I'll call Light so you can meet him!" She said really excited. I didn't want to make her sad so I agreed.

After scene
I clapped as Misa finished her scene with a smile plastered on my face. She did so well! I'm so proud of her. She ran over to me.

"How'd I do?" She asked, smiling.

"Amazing!" I exclaim and hug her. She chuckles and hugs me back. Then a man clears his throat so we pull away.

"Light!" Misa squeals and hugs him. He looks annoyed. So this is Light.

"Hey Misa. I didn't get to see the whole thing, but from what I saw you did really well." Light speaks. It sounded like he was lying. I don't like him at all.

"Oh thank you Light! I have to go talk to the producers now. I'll be right back!" She says and runs off.

"So, you're Light. I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you." I say, smiling for Misa and stick my hand out to shake Light's hand. She shakes my hand with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you, too, (y/n)." He replies. Then he turns serious. "Do you like Misa?"

"Of course. She's my best friend." I say confused.

"No. I mean, do you have romantic feelings for her?" He questions. My face heats up and I look down.

"..yes. I do. How.. how did you know.. I've been hiding it for so long." I say, close to tears for some reason. He smirks then looks past me. I turn around and see Misa standing there with her mouth open and eyes wide. Tears start to fall from my eyes. Our friendship is ruined. "I'm sorry, Misa."

"How long?" She asks, relaxing a tiny bit.

"...two years.." I answer and more tears slip from my eyes. She doesn't say anything so I look up to see she's smiling.

"(Y/n) I like you too. More than a friend. Longer than two years. I'm so glad you feel the same way!" She exclaims and tackles me in a hug.

"But what about Light? I thought you liked him." I say but hug her back.

"Not in that way. I am grateful to him and I'm helping him with something." She informs me. Right now that doesn't matter.

"Oh. Then I'm glad too." I laugh and wipe away my tears.

"Good for you too. I'm gonna go now, Misa. I'll see you later." Light says and starts to walk away.

"Okay, Bye Light!" Misa responds.

"So.. what are we now..?" I ask quietly.

"Girlfriends, of course." Misa giggles and hugs me tightly.

Word count: 688