Light x Reader: I'm Already a Queen pt.1

(Y/n)'s POV
Today's Light's birthday and I'm planning on surprising him after school. I'll wait 30 minutes after he gets home to head to his house. I'm not bringing anyone else. It's just gonna be me and him. Boyfriend and girlfriend. Yes, Light and I are dating. And if I had a dime for every glare, scowl, dirty look, and threat I get from the other girls at university, I would definitely be rich by now for the rest of my life. Anyways, I get to school and pull out my book to read until the bell rings for class to start and ignore the glares burning through my back as usual. I'm so excite for today. Maybe I'll bring him a cake too.

After a long and antagonizing day of school, I head home and get all the stuff I'm taking to Lights house together and organized. This left me with just enough time to get to his house, as I planned.

I knock on the door and right as Mrs. Yagami is about to call for Light, I shush her.

"Shh. I want it to be a Surprise." I whispered and smiled with my index finger on my lips, signaling her to kept quit.

"Ohhh ok. How nice!" She smiles back and let's me in. I hug her and whisper a thank you before I take my shoes off and head upstairs. We're quite close, Mrs. Yagami and I. She nods again then walks back to the kitchen to finish whatever she was doing. Just as I'm about to open Light's bed room door, I hear him talking to someone so I stop and listen.

"Listen. Next time I see her, I'll ask her to be my queen of the new world. I'm not sure how she's going to answer though. She's very unpredictable which is one of the reasons I love her so much." Lights voice said. Then there was a pause. I got my phone out and started recording on my camera, so there's audio proof and visual proof that I'm in his house and hearing this, whatever it is. Then I'll barge in the door with it still going, say surprise, and pretend I was filming just to see his reaction. That should work, right?

"No, she doesn't know I'm Kira yet. I'll explain everything when I ask her to become my queen." Lights voice continued. My blood ran cold, my feet were stuck. Eyes propped open by forces know only as shock and fear and a feeling of betrayal. Could he possibly know I'm here and decided to play a prank on me? Calm down. I just have to act like I don't know anything. Just act normal. That's not too hard.  Well I'll just wait a little longer to see if he says anything else.

"Now if you wouldn't mind, Ryuk, I'm trying to eliminate these criminals." Light's voice had an annoyed tone to it. Well I guess it's now or never. 

"SURPRISE!" I yelled as I threw open his door. He was sat hunched over his desk writing in some note book with the news channel on his television.

"O-oh (y/n)! W-what are you doing here? Hehe.." Light nervously exclaimed and quickly shut the book and turned off the T.V.

"Haha, hilarious!" I chuckled and stopped recording. "Do you really think I would miss my boyfriend's birthday?" I said softly as I sat on his lap and kissed him. He smiled and kissed back. He "secretly" moved the notebook to behind him and blocked it with his arm "discreetly". We pulled apart and smiled at eachother. I got off him and we laid on the bed.

"So, what were you doing? Today, in general. Anything interesting at all?" I asked as I cuddled up to his chest.

"Not really. I was just writing down the recent names of criminals killed by Kira. I found out kira is probably a student or trying to make it seem like that based on the times of the killings." He replied. Liar.

"Oh yeah. You're trying to find Kira. I think you will, maybe before L too." I said.

"I hope so. Then I might be able to meet him." Light said and kissed my cheek. "Do you want some tea?" He asked as he started getting up.

"Sure, why not." I smiled. He smiled back and left the room. If he's really Kira, I can't be with him anymore. But if I leave him and tell him the real reason he'll probably kill me. I should probably go to the police department but Mr. Yagami works there and I don't really trust anyone there. I would tell L but haha I don't know anything about him or if he's even in Japan. Maybe I should talk to Matsuda or Aizawa. I trust them the most surprisingly out of everyone at the police department. I'm sure they would tell me if the police knew where L was and he'd also probably take me to see him myself if I have proof who Kira is. I'll meet up with him soon. Fist I need to plan everything out.

I pull out my phone, make a fake contact for my mom with my number, text myself some urgent message saying that I need to come home right away, and delete the one I sent so Light won't be able to tell. Then I jump off the bed and rush down stairs, nearly knocking Light per at the end.

"(Y/n)! What's wrong?!" Light asks and sets down the tea. I throw my shoes on and show him the message. He reads it and his eyes go big.

"Ok go! Hurry! I'll see you later!" He calls after me as I sprint down the street. Tomorrow I'll call Matsuda. Right now I need to think.

Light's POV
Damn it. I guess I'll have to explain everything to her later.

                                   Word count: 998