Prologue

November 10th: the day Vincent Orlando first talked to me. To say it was strange was an understatement.

I was walking to history, my last class of the day. Sitting down in my usual desk, he approached me with a smirk, taking a seat in the desk beside mine. Specifically my best friend, Tyler Faye's, usual seat.

"Hey Nicole," he said to me. His bright emerald eyes shining with mischief.

"Wrong. My name's Elena. Nice try though." I replied, rolling my eyes. "Oh, and that's my friend's seat, so if you could please move that would be great. Thanks, " I added with a fake smile. Waving him off as if he were a mere stench that wasn't wanted around.

He didn't move. He, instead, turned to the front, "focusing" on the teacher. The thing is, class hadn't even started yet, so I knew he was just faking it.

I turned around to the back of the classroom where I spotted Tyler. He must have found another seat. He winked at me, over exaggerating it as he did so. I instantly recalled how he had told me just the other week that Vincent was a "total babe".

His words not mine.

I just tried to ignore it, knowing that Vincent was notorious for being the school's "it guy" and biggest player. It was as though he aimed to break every girl's heart in school. And let me tell you, he had nearly met his imaginary goal.

I mean, just last week he broke up with Rubi Turner after they had dated for two weeks. And before her, it was Stacey, then Kira, and Baylee, and Cass. The sad thing was ...these were all girls he dated this year so far, and it's only November.

Apparently he has dated almost every girl in this school except for me.

And I guess I was his next victim.