Chapter 15

As always I do not own the rights to the pictires or music videos used in this story.

Kane's POV

Me and Aspen were driving to get our pregnancy photos taken by a really good photographer in Houston Texas. She had the music up and was singing along to every song. I kept my eyes focused on the road. I was approaching a red light. It was green on my end so i kept my speed. What i didn't see was the 18 wheelef running the redlight.

......

When I came to the truck was upside down. I looked over and Aspen was bloody but I could tell she was still breathing.

"Aspen!" I yelled.

I didn't feel hurt so i was able to cut my seat belt and bust my window to get out. I crawled out and went over to Aspen's side. She had a pulse and was responding to pain.

"Stay with me baby." I said.

The ambulance pulled up and rushed her and I to the hospital.

"She needs surgery." The doctor said.

"Sir, we need to know. If something happens to we save her or the babies." A nurse asked.

"Please save her." I said.

"Will do." She said running off.

I sat in the chair with my head in my hands. Why is this happening. I almost lost her once I cant go through that again. I grabbed my broken phone out my pocket and tried to call Hunter. He didn't answer. I sighed and aat back waiting.

It took 3 hours before a doctor came out. He looked at me and the look on his face told it all.

"I'm sorry, the babies were in distress so we attempted to deliver early. They didn't make it." He said.

"And Aspen?" I asked.

"She is in stable condition. She is in recovery. She should wake up within the next few hours." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

When I turned around I saw Hunter Libby and her psrents rushing in.

"Kane, baby are you okay? The highway patrol said the truck driver was drunk." Her mom said.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Where is Aspen?" Hunter asked.

"They brought her into surgery. They weren't able to save the babies. She is in recovery." I said trying not to cry.

"All that matters is that she is alive." Her dad said.

"Family of Aspen Hayes?" A nurse said.

"Right here." I said.

"She is up and asking for Kane." She said.

I walked back with her. I saw her booked to a bunch of machines.

"We lost them didn't we?" Was all she said.