Chapter 3: Curious

That stupid forest, just the sight of it was eating away at her.
At this point the media had died down on the coverage of whatever was lurking about in there, but there were still people waiting in front of its entrance for some action.
The good thing is, those people didn't stay all night so Y/N could at least have an attempt at sleep.

She sighed out to herself before standing up from her windowsill and leaping onto the soft, bouncy mattress, her face buried into her pillow.

Y/N turned herself around so she was staring at the roof, twirling a piece of hair between her fingers. She wasn't getting the thought of those towering trees out of her head anytime soon, so why not debunk it?

"So the media says that a dark human like figure was wondering in the forest." She sat up.
"Unusual eyes they said, dark hair..."

If anyone had walked in on her talking to herself they would have though she'd gone nuts. Y/N stopped for a second thinking, what else was there? Nothing. Literally nothing. Yet she was so invested in this it had started to consume her life.

She didn't know why, but she felt the urge to make her way down to the entrance, to finally figure out what was going on. She'd said it before and she'll say it again. That forest was like a magnet.

Grabbing her phone as she lay back down onto the bed, she flicked through her contacts and found Hoseok's name. She was about to click the button before she stopped.

"Should I tell him that I'm going?" Y/N asked herself. After a minute of thinking she thought, screw it. She pressed the call button and placed the phone on her ear. It was dialing. After a few seconds of ringing she heard Hoseok's voice over the phone.

"Y/N what the heck? Why are you calling me so late at night?" His raspy voice echoed through the phone.

Late at night? What time was it? She moved her phone away from her ear looking at the time, 2:34am, crap. She cleared her thrust before continuing. "Hosoek, I'm going into the forest."

There was a long while of silence before he yelled out loudly. "WHAT??? Are you crazy??" His voice cracked because he just woke up, but he was still louder than ever. She drew the phone away from her ear as Hoseok continued to have a fit.

Once he stopped you continue "Can you calm down? And no I'm not, I need to know what's going on in there." She said standing up and walking toward the windowsill again, pressing her face against the glass.

"No you don't!! We don't know what's in there, it could be anything, you could get mauled by a bear Y/N!!" He was so frantic over the phone, it was actually kind of entertaining to hear him flip it, because no matter how angry he gets he's still funny.

Y/N rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly "There aren't any bears here Hoseok. I'll be fine, I'm going in." She added pressing her hand against the window.

"Not if I have something to say about it!! It's not safe! Can't you see??" Yep, he's awake now, oops. She knew she was probably scaring the poor man half to death, but this was something she needed to do, for the sake of her mental state.

"Stop being such a drama queen oh my god. I'm only going in for a bit. I'd ask you to come with me, but you're too much of a pussy." Y/N laughed out loud stating the obvious. She knew, everyone knew, how much of a scaredy cat Hoseok was. She knew he wasn't going to come down and stop her because he was too scared of the forest, he had been since he'd first visited her apartment.

She heard him dramatically scoff on the other line and continue his rant "Excuuuuuse me?!! I'm very capable of going in, but I'm not going to, and I suggest you don't either." He had started to sound like her mother and she shook her head even though Y/N knew he couldn't see her.

"Well, I'm going to and you ain't gonna stop me." She argued using a sassy voice. This was true, for some unknown reason, she didn't seem to have a lot of fear about entering the forest. Wait 'til she gets there, then maybe she will.

"Kang Y/-" Hoseok started to say before she hung up the phone on him. Y/N put the phone on silent knowing very well that he will keep trying to call her back. She was right, 15 missed calls later and he finally stopped.

Staring out the glass at the forest, she waited for everyone to finally leave. She didn't want to be followed or interrupted by anyone. Y/N wanted to be the one to find out what's in there.

After the last person left, she stood up and changed into warm winter clothes, as it started to get chilly these days. She made her way to the kitchen grabbing a small snack and some water before heading to the door and opening it, locking it behind her as she left the safe space of her warm apartment to satisfy her curiosity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Eyyyy, it's been a while since I updated. And it's currently 3:10am as I'm writing this haha.

It's starting to get exciting to write now. Everything will fall into place.

Anyways, hope you guys are liking it still! It will get better don't worry haha

Goodnight from me and good afternoon or morning to everyone else!