Chapter 6: Study Buddy

Y/N slammed open the door of her lecture room, coming in very late due to her clouded thoughts.
She didn't realise how much attention she drew to herself my slamming open the door.

Turning toward the front of the class, she was met with a very displeased professor, tapping his foot and grunting at her late arrival.

"Y/N, this is getting ridiculous, you've been coming late more often. You better pull your socks up young lady," her professor lectured.

"S-sorry sir." She spoke out very embarrassed and bowed at a 90 degree angle.

He let out a quick 'tsk' before continuing, "Unfortunately, sorry won't cut it if you keep coming in late. You're missing crucial information that can determine whether or not you get your degree." The older man sighed out, "Just take a seat so I can continue the class."

At his request, or more so demand, Y/N heaved her body up the stairs to where Hoseok sat. She looked around at the other students, noticing how she was receiving glares and chuckles from all around.

Once she reached her seat, she plonked down next to Hoseok and started tapping her pens quietly. She continually replayed the embarrassing scene in her head, her tongue nestled in her cheek in annoyance at herself.

This thought however quickly left once the memory of the mysterious man from the woods popped into your head once again. At first all she could think of was how soft his skin was and how black his hair was. His features were beautiful.

That was until the memory of him being an asshole popped into Y/N's mind. She pouted before slumping down into her chair and crossing her arms.

Hoseok noticed this and chuckled. "Who crapped in your cereal today?"

Y/N looked at him in disgust at such a childish analogy. "No one 'crapped in my cereal' thank you very much."

He covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud and risking a lecture. Their professor knew how rowdy the pair could get in class. Hoseok turned back to his book sketching out random doodles.

After a few minutes the two exchange students walked into the classroom. Jimin and Taehyung,
Y/N recalled them. She heard seats shifting around of most girls in the class.

Y/N observed from afar what the professor would say to them for being so late to class. Instead of them receiving a glare and a warning they got a nice smile from him. 'What??' She thought to herself as she listened in on the conversation below.

Jimin approached the professor and bowed, "Sorry sir, we are new to this university and class. It won't happen again." His smooth and higher pitched voice ringing in her ears.

The professor piped up, "It's not a problem at all, just take a seat next to..." he scanned the seating arrangements, girls were moving around and waving their arms trying to get the boys attention.

Taehyung spotted Y/N out of the corner of his eye, noticing that she was covering her face. He piped up, "There are two seats next to Y/N sir, we can sit there." He pointed in your direction.

At first the professor had a look of concern on his face that she'd influence the transfer students, but there was nothing he could do. "Alright then, take your seat and I will continue the class." The two boys nodded as they made their way up the stairs to where Y/N sat, who was also getting glared at by girls left, right and centre.

She pouted to herself, great, she thought to herself as the two desirable men sat right beside her. They tried to start up conversation, quietly obviously, not to get on the professor's bad side.

Jimin piped up, who was seated to her left. "Hiya Y/N how are you? It's been a while heh." He had such a confident and sweet voice, it's no wonder all those women were swooning over them.

She picked up her head and turned to him, in a whisper she responded, "I'm okay thanks, just been losing my keys all the time." Y/N tried to joke around.

That's when Taehyung popped in, who was seated next to his friend. "I lose my keys alll the time. I can relate." He chuckled in his signature deep voice. The conversation went back and forth for so long that there was only 5 minutes until class ends.

Y/N was surprised at how much she'd learn about these handsome men in the short time she was talking to them. They seemed to be genuinely soft-hearted people that she could introduce into her friendship group.

With Jimin, she learnt that he was a dance major, and had been involved with it for more than half of his life. She could almost see the sparkle in his sky blue eyes as he talked about how he'd produced many choreographies. He also had a part-time job teaching contemporary dance and ballet to children and prodigies. What an honour.

Taehyung on the other hand has a more down to earth lifestyle. He is a social worker and volunteers at animal shelters. He'd told Y/N about how much he loves animals, and how he has a small Pomeranian puppy at home named Yeontan. The pup had thick eyebrows like it's owner that she couldn't help but chuckle at. He is also enrolled in part-time acting classes to get into the performing arts industry.

"Would you two ever think of becoming k-pop stars? I mean you seem eligible enough to be able to join one of those boy groups or something." She asked them, genuinely curious as to how they would answer.

They both shook their heads in unison, Tae adding to the gesture. "Aniya, we both have too many commitments to be able to become trainees. It's a hard process to go through." Jimin nodded at his answer before turning back to Y/N.

"Ahhh I see, was just curious." She replied before looking at the time on her phone. 3 minutes left.

Y/N had constantly been thinking that these two were much too good to be true, surely they had to be lying somewhere in their stories. They were attractive, unique personalities, do good for the world, what else could they possibly do to make them better? Nothing really now that she'd thought about it.

After the professor dismissed the class the blue eyed boys stopped Y/N in her tracks. Jimin spoke up, "Hey, you wouldn't mind if we started hanging out after school? Maybe study together for this class by any chance? It would be awesome to have the company."

She thought about the idea of Jimin and Taehyung coming over to her house for a study session. At first she was hesitant, but then she remembered that these two were actually amazing people inside and out. Y/N replied with a smile "Sure! We can organise a day a week to study for this class. Is Tuesday okay for you?" She asked.

Jimin nodded "Tuesday is perfect. I guess we will see you then Y/N." He winked at her with a grin.

She gulped quickly, feeling her heart slightly flutter. "Y-yeah, see you th-." As she was about to speak she felt a hard tug on the collar of her shirt from behind. Falling back, she turned and saw an annoyed Hoseok.

He spoke up to the others, "Sorry, we have to go now, we have places to be." Hoseok grabbed her wrist and started to quickly take her down the stairs. After weaving around crowds of people he stopped and turned to her. "What are you doing, are you crazy Y/N? Why are you inviting them over to your house when you've only met them like a week ago?"

Y/N crossed her arms and looked Hoseok dead in the eye. "I'm old enough to understand who's safe to bring in my house or not. Jimin and Taehyung are great people, you just need to loosen up and get to know them. You don't need to be jealous Hobi."

He had a look of shock on his face at her response before grunting. "I'm not jealous of them, I just have a bad feeling about them Y/N. I don't know I'm just concerned about you and your well-being. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." His voice got more tender toward the end of his sentence.

She had to admit, this was why Hoseok was her best friend. He was a goofball, but always looked out for her, even when she didn't need it. Y/N spoke up again. "Don't worry Hoseok, I'll be okay. It's only one day a week I'm studying with them, if I don't turn up to class on Wednesday, then text me, because I'm either still asleep, lost my keys or abducted by aliens." She joked.

Hoseok sighed lightly. "There's nothing I can do to stop you. Just know that I'm going to be weary of them... very... weary of them." He added before giving Y/N a small hug and waving her goodbye.