1.

summer's pov:

"hey dad, what's for breakfast?" i felt completely groggy since i stayed up late and raided dad's liquor cabinet.

my hangover was excruciating and my bags were very noticeable, hanging like the chain on any wannabe gangster.

"eggs and toast." i nodded my head walking to the fridge and grabbing a bottled water.

i sat down at the table and looked outside at the beautiful sunrise we had behind the hollywood sign.

quite ironic how dad has to get a house looking at the first half of his former bands name don't you think?

the house was silent for a minute or two before dad broke the peaceful nothingness.

"by the way summer, i can see you've broken into my liquor cabinet successfully once again." i could feel his glare on the back of my head.

"im sorry dad, i promise i won't-" i turned around to see him drinking his first heineken of the day, "no baby, i don't wanna hear it again. you always say you won't do that again but yet you do."

he was right, i always do say that but hey. what can i say, 'i got my drinking from you, dad' and smile? i couldn't do that.

"you're grounded from seeing ava this week, so don't bother sneaking out and trying to see her."

i looked down at my slippers, they were little pink bunnies with ears on them, "eh, i guess i deserved that."

i could hear dad laugh and take a drink of his beer, "thanks for breakfast dad, it's really good."

he smiled at me, "you're welcome summer. oh i need you to get ready after you're done eating, i have some news for you." he was cleaning up some of the mess he made when he cooked earlier.

"why can't you just tell me now though?" i wasn't really in the mood for surprises since ive ruined that on my own.

"because im gonna be recording you today and i don't want you looking like you came from ugly bettys sleepover party."

i couldn't believe what i was hearing.

me. coming from ugly bettys sleepover?

what is this narnia?

"okay then, but why will you be recording me when im clearly hungover as hell?" my fork in the air, the scrambled egg at the end of it.

"language. and because it's going to be part of the surprise, silly." he was smiling as he started to take another drink from the glass, green bottle.

"okay okay okay." on the outside i really didn't wanna show any emotions since for one, im hungover as fuck. and two, it's too early in the morning to show any.

but on the inside my insides were churning left from right. i was nervous and excited for what was to come of this so called 'surprise'.

but on the other hand, i was also scared. only reason why was because on my 15th birthday dad told me i had a surprise and sadly that surprise was a disaster.

-

1 year earlier

-