9.

summers pov:

i was still lost as i kept making my way down the bright halls, i couldn't find ava or chase, and no one has bothered to help me; just stare at me.

it wasn't what i wanted right now, i wanted somebody to help me find my way to first period before somebody throws a fit or makes a snarky, idiotic remark about me being late already.

if only they knew what i was like before all of this school drama, they'd understand the annoyance and impatience i was fighting right now; but they didn't, which only made things complicated for me.

"hello?" a small voice spoke from behind me, it wasn't ava's or ashley. and it wasn't any other girl i knew, she must've noticed i was new since ive been wandering around the halls like a maniac trying to find my destination.

i turned around to see a girl with red hair that was long and flowing, she had brown eyes and probably had perfect straight teeth. guessing because she's already beautiful, she must have another redeeming quality as well.

she wasn't smiling, no.

she was pale, not gonna lie. she was probably two shades lighter than me and im pretty pale myself, being that i was born from the two tannest people alive.

i looked to see she was my height, almost eye to eye with me, she then looked at me with a small smile.

i have never seen this girl in my life or online but she was indeed beautiful, more so than i.

i smiled slightly, looking at her eyes, she's lucky she only has one color meanwhile i have two.

"oh hi." she smiled at me bigger than before, she looked so happy to be here. meanwhile, i was growing more annoyed as i stood in these bright halls.

"yea, i was wondering if you knew where you were going. im new here and i don't know my way around, do you?" she was looking around at all the orange lockers, they were unreasonably bright but what else could they do to give the students a migraine?

i could tell she was new, she was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, she was lost.

i had to be honest with her before she thinks that im a forever student like the others, "oh, nice eyes by the way. are they contacts?" she smiled looking into my eyes like some prized unknown treasure.

i totally wanted to ignore her comment about my eyes, simply because i already knew people would ask the same thing she was, 'are they real?'

and i don't want to answer it, i don't want to repeat myself.

"im new here too, you should ask someone else." she nodded and began to walk away, "they're natural by the way." she turned around to smile at me, a small smile forming on my face as i looked at her.

"that's cool. what's your name?" she began walking back with her schedule and classes in hand, looking at them as she approached me.

"summer. yours?" i was still looking down at my papers, more so the paper with the note from miss cathy.

"sasha phillips." my eyes shot up as i looked at her, scanning every detail of her face. the name sounded familiar.

very familiar.

i feel like my uncles have talked about a guy named jeff and his daughter, but i never knew jeff since he never came around my uncles or my dad.