8.

summers pov:

"baby, have a great day at school, yeah? i love you." he smiled and gave me a fist bump, you see. we aren't like normal father and daugher.

we're like best buddies, he's more of a child then he is a dad. but when he is a dad, he's serious about my groundings and what is shown online and in certain magazines.

it's just his so called 'fathers intuition' yea. most people think of it as 'mothers intuition' but as you all know, my mother decided to run off and do something stupid and land herself in there for fifteen years.

they both never told me what she did to land herself in the joint but ive always wanted to know since it's the main reason that kept the family from being one.

it was also the reason that i never knew her and the only reason for me to hate her.

no, maybe not hate but, strongly dislike.

she has always told me since she saw me last year that she wanted to be a parent to me, even if her visitation was limited with me.

i always brushed it off because i for one definitely didn't know her at all, nor did i care to since she never was around; even though it wasn't because she didn't want to.

it was more so forced.

still beats me that she was at the house though, like why is she coming into the house that my dad bought himself and act like she's coming to move in with us to be the perfect housewife she was 'meant to be' ?

she never did so when she got out of prison, she never thought about it either when she got an apartment of her own close to our place.

it wasn't run down or abandoned like i expected it to be, it was actually something semi-fancy and had many rooms and a bathroom. it had two bedrooms in it, one for me and one for her.

she even decorated it for me and everything, she put everything i liked into the room and spent money that was loaned to her on it just so i could come and spend the night with her one day.

that day is still yet to come. and i don't want that day to come, never.

"i love you too, loser." he smiles at me, getting out of the car to open the car door for me.

his hand grabbed the blue handlebar of my newer bmw, people's heads were already looking our way but i didn't really care.

he watched me get out and closed the door, leaning in to give me a hug.

but this hug was different from the ones he usually gave me, this one was the hug that almost every parents heart breaks.

the one where they have to let go and let them live their life, giving them that small piece of freedom that have longed for since they hit their teen years.

the one where it's a memorable hug.

"dad,"

"hmm," he held me tight, i knew he didn't wanna let me go but it was starting to hey uncomfortable for me and the people around us who are standing around just staring at the cling on.