4.

summer's pov:

"again thank you so much dad, i just. i can't comprehend this at all. this is just an amazing opportunity. thank you."

i had small tears in my eyes but i didn't bother letting them slip, even around my own father.

im more tough than i am anything. i don't like showing emotion, i find it weak.

he looked over at me and smiled. he was so happy for me, he's always said that when 'im happy, he's happy'

i knew that phrase was true once he looked at me.

"you're welcome, sweetheart. i knew that you've always wanted to go even when you've never said anything to me about wanting to or whatever so." dragging out the so in his words.

"you know me so well." he nodded and started to walk over to me. he gave me a hug and gave me a kiss.

"summer, there's something i need to tell you before you go back up to your room, okay?" his voice was soft and serious, i knew that at any moment in time he's gonna tell me something that's gonna stick to me.

"i had no plans on sending you away 8 hours a day to see a ton of hormonal teenagers and mean, grumpy teachers five days a week. no plans whatsoever. but, deep down inside i knew you wanted to experience that, most kids do and you didnt get to and it ate at you. you may think i don't know you but i know you better than anybody in this world. and so does your mother, even though you may not think so, she does-"

he looked at the ground and smiled slightly, and continued his soft words that poured from his heart, he really meant this.

my dad never shows his emotions, which made me really open up my eyes and realize that this is what went through his head and this is what he thought about me through the day.

"ever since your mother came around that day, she's been helping me with a lot. she sends me child support, she helps me with decisions like this, she told me it would be good for you because it's something you'd enjoy doing. and i listened. you may hate her but damn it she does a lot for you. i just wish you could see it."

he looked down at me and smiled, "she did this? she did this for me?"

my mother did this for me? i don't even know her and she convinced my father to do this for me?

he nodded his head and looked at me again, "she loves you summer, give her a chance to show it."

i looked down at my feet and started walking away from him, going up to my room to accompany the now brown-green haired ava sitting on my bed.

i stopped at the foot of the steps and looked back at him, "ill think about it." saying nothing more walking up the steps to my black bedroom door.

as i started walking up the steps, dad walked towards me, his hand in a 'hold on' as i stopped.

"you're ungrounded by the way. now go have fun." he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"you're so lame you know that?" my smile was drawn on my face.

"i know. now go." he stopped smiling and i walked back up the stairs.

i took a deep breath and opened the door, a fake smile was thrown onto my face as my eyes locked with avas.

"well what took you so long to get your ass up here and babysit me?" ava immediately interrogating me as if ive killed someone she loved.

"dad wanted a heart to heart moment with me, and well he got that moment he's been longing for." the face of 'kill me' replaced the 'oh so happy' mask.

"oooohhh what about?" she started acting like a six year old who'd just heard the tea spilling in the classroom.

"my mom." she looked down in shame, she always felt that way when it was something that involved the birth giver.

"oh im sorry i shouldn'tve-" i started smiling and let out a small giggle, "don't beat yourself up about it, besides it wasn't even anything bad."

she looked back up and her face was written in confusion, "wait really?"

i nodded and started taking off my makeup i had on for the party.

"so you're not gonna tell me to get out or let the door hit me in the ass like you usually do?"

asshole.

"i don't do that, aves." i was sure that i wasn't that big of a bitch to her, i mean i do have mood swings but im not a bitchy person.

"um, are you sure about that? because at home i have a shit ton of video evidence on my computer proving otherwise."

i looked over at her, putting my hair up in a pony, "why the fuck do you have a file at home, you know what. nevermind." putting my hand up as in 'i don't wanna know' sitting down on my aesthetic rose sheets.

she had that signature cocky grin on her face, annoying me as every second passed.

"okay so, about this lingerie. why?" picking up the black set of lingerie she bought me for my 'welcome to public school' party.

"well, it's sexy and i thought you'd like it. also, you need to loosen up a bit, hook up with someone or something. your life is lamer than macaulay culkins."

"okay, first off. he did some badass home alone movies and second, he's not that lame." my finger up in the air for defense of the blonde actor that made a career for himself.

"oh my god you're defending the heroine junkie?" she always thought of him that way since all the tabloids came out of his drug addiction.

"former heroine addict. get your facts straight." she rolled her eyes and continued on with the lingerie discussion.

"just, you'll thank me later. but for now, just hide them from your dad, he'll be pissed if he sees those."

she started hiding them in some drawers of mine, "that's an even bigger reason to get rid of them."

"shut up." she hid the final red one piece of the intimate clothing and sat down on the bed.

"so when's the first day of school?" i asked, it didn't say anything on the papers i read so i need to learn.

"um, it'll be august the eleventh."

i looked at my harley davidson calendar that hung from the wall and checked the date.

my eyes popped open in shock, "ava that's in 4 days! what the fuck." she looked at me nonchalantly and went back to laying down on my queen sized bed.

"eh, you'll be okay. oh and in one of the bags my dad and i bought you a uniform for school so no need to worry about that either."

"i have to wear a uniform?" i hated having to wear things i didn't want, id throw a fit or rebel.

"oh yea, girls wear the school shirt and a black skirt and boys wear tan khakis and the school shirt."

"you've gotta be kidding me." she couldn't be serious. a uniform? a skirt?

no.

"nope." popping the 'p' as she looked at me innocently.

"where's this uniform at? which bag?" i had about 6 bags, the ones i thought she'd plant it in would be a vs bag but i was wrong.

"in the hot topic bag." pointing at the one with barley anything in it by the door.

i pulled it out and she couldn't be anymore serious.

"fuck me." this is gonna suck for me.