11

summer went on about her day, listening to the introduction of he teachers to the other people she met.

she liked meeting the other teens, getting to find out their parents were and what they enjoyed doing.

she even added a few people on instagram and snapchat after class because she felt like they'd be great friends.

but the one person she didn't want to be friends with was, derek.

regardless of her being nice to him earlier about her classes and the directions to them, she didn't like his demeanor or attitude.

she didn't like any of it. sure, he was a very attractive guy. he probably could win over any girl in the school if he wanted to but the one thing he couldn't do was follow the rules.

he didn't follow the dress code, that was the first thing he didn't respect.

as she ran into him in each class they shared, the teachers would speak of the rules in the class whereas, he was in the corner of the room breaking every rule that they laid on him.

he didn't like following the rules, not anymore at least.

he used to be a good kid, getting straight a's and always following the rules. he would come home on time and had followed all of his morals, he was that stereotypical christian boy that everybody wanted their daughter to date.

he was the best of the best.

he was popular and had his own posse. he was friends with the football team, friends with the teachers, and friends with everybody.

he was the person everybody would run to when they needed advice or help, and he would help them because he cared.

key word, cared.

he fell in love with a girl who didnt love him enough to tell him the truth.

he was infatuated with this girl. she was his world and his rock, she was everything he had ever wanted in somebody.

she was his soulmate, but she couldnt live up to that label. he still couldn't grasp what happened to her that day.

he couldn't grasp what her father had told him that day.

he couldn't grasp that she would never come back.

he never talked about it, and he never cared to. he never wanted to because he thought that it wouldn't help to talk about it, he thought that it would make the pain increase.

he couldn't even say her name or look at the pictures they took together. he couldn't handle the future he almost had.

he couldn't handle anything anymore.

that was his life and nobody at school knew of it.

for all the school knew, he was a deviant, rebellious kid who didn't want to do anything to change his ways or grades.

he didn't have a problem with what they thought, he never did. simply because his whole family and all of his friends thought the same thing of him as well.

his mother, he never knew her that well since his dad met her at one of his concerts backstage; only for the small handshake and autograph to become a one night-stand and an awkward good morning. and also because it was nessasary to see her every other month for holidays which he never wanted to go to.