Chapter 2

I am writing new lyrics in my notebook, when I hear some boys coming. I ignore it and keep writing my lyrics. Then someone yells out to me.

Felix: "Ember!"

I look up to see Sam, Felix, and Andy.

Ember: "Hey guys."

Andy: "Ember, did your parents remember you?"

Ember: "I don't know, but Madison and Jared did not. And that wasn't even the weirdest part."

Sam: "What was the weirdest part?"

Ember: "My brother was there and I think he was flirting with me."

Felix: "Wait, since when do you have a brother?"

Ember: "I had an older brother that I never got to meet. He lived for 1 week and then died as a baby. I always wanted to meet him, but I didn't want him to flirt with me."

Felix: "My brother can walk now, but none of my family recognizes me."

Sam: "My family doesn't recognize me either."

Andy: "Neither does mine. My sister thinks I'm a stalker."

Ember: "Madison thought I was a new police officer that found her missing clothes. I feel so lost. I've analyzed everything I have seen and there is no logical explanation for this. My brother should be dead. I'm happy he's alive, but he shouldn't be."

Andy: "We need to calm down and think about this together."

Ember: "I need to calm myself down, so I'll do that alone on the bench over there."

Sam: "I don't know how any of you can even think. I'm starving."

I go over to the bench and pull out my laptop to calm myself. Jake walks over to them and apologizes for his behavior earlier. As they are talking to each other, I make an order for 3 pizzas and 2 2 liter bottles (1 Pepsi & 1 Sprite) to be brought to the skating park and asked the delivery guy to have change for a $100 bill. They get up to leave and look at me.

Sam asks, "Are you coming, Ember?"

Ember: "Just come back and get me if you decide to stay there. I'm a little busy."

I put my headphones on as they walk away. About 10 minutes later, the pizza delivery guy comes.

PDG: "Hello, are you the one that ordered the pizza?"

Ember: "Yes, the others will be back in a bit. Here's the money."

PDG: "And here's your change."

Ember: "Thanks."

He leaves and I take the stuff. I put my laptop and money away. I know exactly where they are going so I pickup the pizza and soda and start my walk there. When I get there, I walk in and say, "Food has arrived!"

Sam: "Woah, thank you Ember!" they run over. I put the boxes and bottles down.

Ember: "Shit, I forgot cups."

Felix pats my back, "That's okay, at least you got food."

Ember: "I only got cheese, cause I didn't know what everyone would want."

We eat the pizza and I actually had my own water, so they shared the soda. "You guys would starve without me."

Andy: "You're right." 

Jake: "You are awesome." 

Ember: "Hey guys, can you turn around for a minute?"

Sam: "Why?"