Chapter 6

This time, I am wearing black shorts, a white tank top, a black hoodie, black sneakers, and some shades. In my bag I have the rest of my money, my notebook, 5 gatorades, my laptop, my 2 towels, my bathing suit, my back up clothes, and the full blow-up mattress. When I walk out to the boys, I hear Felix say, "Alright let's vote. Andy's solution?"

Andy, Jake, and Sam raise their hands.

Felix: "Sam." He whines.

Sam: "Sorry dude, it kinda makes sense."

Ember: "What were you guys voting on? Don't we have to get to Phoebe's?"

Andy: "Not anymore. We are going on the excursion to see if we can find the wormhole again."

Ember: "Wow really Sam. You were the one who made that promise to Phoebe."

Sam: "Yeah, but this solution makes more sense."

Ember: "I would've voted for Felix's solution."

Felix: "Thanks Ember."

Jake: "Are you two sure there is nothing going on between you?"

Ember & Felix: "Yes."

Jake: "Alright, let's go wormhole hunting."

Ember: "At least I don't have to wear that hideous dress." I mumble.

Then we walk to school together. When we get there,

Felix: "Phoebe's gonna be really angry with us."

Ember: "We'll just blame Sam."

Andy: "Phoebe, we need her signature."

Felix takes the papers and signs all of them. We see Jake's mom pull up with Mr Bates and the 2 kiss. Andy, Sam, Felix, and I groan in disgust. Then I cover my eyes as they do it again and hear the boys groan again. 

Jake: "I'll never get use to that."

Ember: "I'm trying not to throw up poptarts."

I put my headphones in and listen to music as I just stay beside Felix. Andy hands our permission slips to Mr. Bates and we get on the bus where, once again, I sit alone. Then Madison sits next to me and I take out one of my earphones.

Madison: "Hey Ember."

Ember: "Hi Madison. Sorry about not introducing you yesterday."

Madison: "That's okay. I didn't stay at the school to meet Andy after all of those savage dogs appeared. By the way, what is Felix like? He's got this cool, mysterious kind of vibe going on."

Ember: "He already has a girlfriend. It's a long distance relationship."

Madison: "Oh, okay. I would never take someone's boyfriend. Sean seemed disappointed yesterday. He said something about not being able to date you and that you were trying to get over an ex. Can I help you in any way with that?"

Ember: "Not really. My ex was only using me to get close to my sister, so now I don't really trust people too easily. I've built up a wall against all boys, well except for my cousins."

Madison: "That's just terrible. How come I haven't met your sister?"

Ember: "She died, 2 years ago."

Madison: "I'm so sorry. You can come over to my place and I will treat you like my sister. We can have sleepovers and go shopping together or whatever you want to do."

Ember: "Thanks, Madison. Maybe I'll take you up on that offer sometime."

Then she whispers in my ear.