chapter 3

We are all huddled up and Andy keeps repeating "There's no such thing as ghosts." 

Jake: "What was that?"

Andy: "In a storm like this, it could be anything."

Felix: "This is no storm."

Andy: "What do you mean?"

Felix: "There's something out there. You saw it."

Sam: "Well, maybe Andy was right. Maybe it's just the wind."

Ember: "This is too freaky to be the wind."

All of a sudden, the door flies open and the wind stops. Then it slams shut and the wind starts up again.

Sam: "This is so messed up."

Jake: "Never thought I'd say this, but I'm kinda glad you guys are here. "

Andy: "If we do die, I'm glad we had this."

Sam: "Had what?"

Andy: "An adventure."

Ember: "If I die, I just want you to know, I'm glad I got to meet all of you. And you guys are the closest thing I've ever had to friends."

The wind keeps roaring away, and we end up putting the heater and the lamp in front of us.

Sam: "I just want to go home."

I don't know how or when, but we somehow managed to fall asleep. I wake up to Felix telling Andy to wait and then I hear the door open.

Ember: "Are we dead?"

Sam: "Not yet."

Andy: "Guys, you might wanna see this."

We get up and go outside to see what Andy is referring to.

Ember: "What's with the spiral?"

Felix: "This isn't good."

Jake kicks a part of it.

Felix: "Don't do that."

Jake: "What's the big deal? Stuff gets knocked around in a storm."

Sam: "Yeah, knocked around, sure."

Andy: "It looks like trails or markings, some kind of large animal."

Jake: "What's the biggest thing around here? Wombats, Wallabies, drunk townies?"

Andy: "A panther, from the bush. That explains the howling."

Felix mutters "Genius" sarcastically. I roll my eyes at their stupidity and go back into the shed. I lay on my blowup mattress, pull my comforter over me and cuddle my body pillow. Then I hear Sam yell, "Felix wait up, I'm coming too!"

Ember: "Finally, peace and quiet."

I snuggle up to my body pillow and fall asleep for a couple minutes. When I wake up, I look at my lyrics and then grab the guitar I got yesterday. I play a few cords as I think of a new composition for the song. As I come up with the composition, I take notes and write it down in my music journal.

Ember: "Why am I having so much trouble here? I need to relax."

I get changed into my bathing suit and go to the creek. When I get there, I jump into the deep part and just float and swim around for a bit while clearing my mind. Maybe with my brother alive, I have to be near him in order to get my inspiration back. Afterall, I always did think that he became my angel of music when he died and my parents had me and Madison.

I get out of the water and put my towel on my shoulders. When I get back to the shack, I see Felix holding something and doing some movements.

Ember: "Hey Felix, what are you doing?"