Chapter 8

We are helping out in the magic shop and Jake and Sam are wearing aprons.

Jake: "Is today Mother's Day?"

Sam: "Yeah, that's right. Every Mother's Day, me and my brothers promise my mom we won't fight for the whole day."

Jake: "By now we would be getting ready for the game right about now."

Felix: "My dad always tells me and my brother to make a card and then my brother always gives my mom the card and she cries. Stop distracting me. This is our only protection against the demon and it's broken."

Jake: "Yeah, thanks Sam."

Sam: "I was possessed."

Phoebe: "Did you find Alice's spell? She's your best chance to defeat the demon."

I bring tea out for Phoebe and Felix as Felix yawns.

Andy: "Is she that powerful?"

Phoebe: "Yup. I don't know what's taking you so long Felix."

Felix: "I stayed up all night."

Andy: "Hey Jake, where did you put the brush and pan thing?"

We look up when Jake doesn't answer and none of us see him.

Andy: "Oh, great."

Sam: "Weren't we all suppose to stick together?"

Phoebe: "Well technically without the talisman, why bother?"

Sam: "I was possessed, alright."

Felix: "Guys, the demon could be back at any time."

Andy: "And Jake's on his own."

Ember: "Then I guess we have to go after him. What a waist of perfectly good tea."

Felix and I grab our bags and the 4 of us leave the shop to find Jake.

Sam: "What are we gonna do if the demon comes back? We barely escaped last time when it was my girlfriend and she's a pacifist."

Andy: "Even though she was smaller, demon Mia was stronger and faster than demon Roland. The demon is definitely evolving."

Sam: "You never have good news do you."

Felix: "Well the good news is that every time we defeat it, it takes a while to get it's strength back."

Sam: "How long is a while?"

Felix: "Not very long." 

Andy: "I wonder how it will change next."

Felix: "I don't wanna know."

Sam spins and says, "Break dance." as if it's funny.

Ember: "That would be one freaky demon." 

Sam: "Where would Jake go?"

Felix: "I don't know. What about his mom's place?"

Andy: "Anyone know where Bates lives?"

Then we hear clapping and Sam sees his mom.

Ember: "Don't worry Sam, you will be with her again soon."

They talk about their moms' sausages and I laugh when Felix says his mom's sausages are awful, but he eats them anyway.

Ember: "My butler would make them and my mom took credit for it on Mother's Day and we would pretend we believed her, but we all knew she couldn't cook. Of course that's only when she was actually around."