Chapter 4

The next morning, I wake up to see the boys are gone and there are empty poptart wrappers and gatorade bottles on the ground.

Ember: "How many times is this gonna happen to me?"

Then I see a note on the cooler.

'Dear Ember,

We went to get a few things. 

We'll be back in 15-30 minutes.

From Felix'

Ember: "At least he told me this time."

I open a poptart and gatorade bottle. Once I am finished, the boys come back with a bunch of junk.

Felix: "Hey Ember, we're back."

Ember: "Yeah, what is that stuff?"

Andy: "Stuff we can use."

Sam: "Junk from the dump."

Ember: "I'm going for a walk."

Jake: "We are going to have a working stove when you get back."

Ember: "Okay."

I leave with my notebook and a pencil. During my walk, I feel as if I am being watched. I look around and see a crow looking at me. I start walking back to the shack, because it's kinda freaking me out. When I get back, none of them are here. 

Ember: "Of course, why should I even expect them to be here."

I grab a gatorade and start writing some lyrics. As I am taking a sip of my gatorade, Felix and Sam come in. Felix fiddles with his talisman while Sam is just laying on a bed and then Andy runs in.

Andy: "They've got Jake."

Felix: "The crows?"

Andy: "No the cops."

Felix: "Divinity of the elements, I summon thee."

Andy: "Is a poem the right response?"

Ember: "Why do the cops have Jake?"

Andy: "We were trying to get food and because we don't have money, we had to steal. But the cops got him."

Ember: "Ugh, you idiots. I could've got whatever you wanted. All you had to do was ask. I have plenty of money on me." 

Andy: "We didn't know."

Ember: "How do you think I got all of this stuff?"

Andy: "I thought maybe you flirted with a guy to get it, like how you made that $50 check go down to $20."

Ember: "That was the first and only time I have ever done that. Why is Felix the only helpful person around here?"

Felix: "We have to get him back."

Sam: "He's probably loving it. A bed for the night, free food, how bad can it be?"

Felix: "We have to rescue him. The talisman won't work if we're not all together."

Then Andy remembers the security camera in the gym. 

Ember: "You guys do realize, they won't keep Jake for long. He's a minor with no parents. They will put him in a different facility to be adopted with child protected services after a certain amount of time, so we need to hurry."

We wait for Andy to make a magnet to erase the footage of them trashing the gym.

Andy: "Okay done."

Sam: "That's great, but how do we get you to the police station so you can delete the footage?"

Then Phoebe comes in.