A Painful Reunion

Present Day : On Planet Earth

Kara's POV 

     Kara had just handed over the bank robbers she'd just caught to the police when she got a call from her sister. She was probably calling to check up on her, that's what Kara assumed. She opened up her phone. "Alex?" She answered with a sigh. "Kara! Help!The Daxamite, he woke up and the DEO is under attack! Our weapons aren't strong enough to stop him! Kara, we need you!" A few seconds later it kicked in, her sister was in danger, she needed her. "I'm on my way, stay safe!" Said Kara as she took off and started to fly towards the DEO.

     The entire way there, her heart felt like it fell out of her chest, she knew this moment would come but she didn't realize how soon it would be. She would have to face him, Mon-El, she was only praying he didn't remember her which was a long shot given their history. She shook out her nerves as best she could as she approached the building. She landed on the balcony as usual only to see a shocking sight, a few unconscious DEO agents laying on the floor, the glass walls of the med bay shattered and bits of concrete and shattered glass scattered all about the floor. Then she heard someone yell.

     Kara immediately ran in the direction of the scream, past the holding cells, past the storage room, and past the cyber tech lab. She froze in her place when she turned the corner and saw him with his fist held to an agent threatening to punch at any moment. But all of that stopped when Kara yelled and he saw her for the first time since he'd arrived on earth. He just stared at her, eyes wide, jay dropped. "K..Kara?" He asked in a tremulous voice. 

     It was then when sense re-entered her mind and she walked over to him, so that she was less then a foot away. His breathing hitched. She drew back her fist and punched him straight in the face. He looked suprised at first then he slowly stumbled backwards until he was lying unconscious on the floor. Kara looked at him then back at her slightly bruised fist, she shook it off. She walked over to him, picked him up and threw him in a cell. Now her number one concern was finding Alex.

Mon-El's POV

     His eyes flickered open as the events of the past 24 hours came flooding back into his head. He was sure he was dreaming and he'd wake back up in his bedroom with her in his arms. Instead when he opened his eyes he was greeted by a bright light, bruises on his face lying on a cold metal slab, in a small enclosed room with one wall of glass. He slowly got up and looked out the glass wall. He wasn't in their bedroom but never less she was there, standing on the other side of the glass barrier. 

     His heart skipped a few beats, after everything they've been through, he never thought he'd see her again. She had a similar look on her face but, her's was mixed in with a look that seemed to be disgust and anger. Then she spoke and her voice sounded like an angel, it was so distracting that everything she was saying went in one ear and out the other. "Are you even listening to me!?" She yelled and even though she acted strong he knew tears were threatening to spill at any second. 

     "Kara..? How are you here? How are we here? Where are we....?" He asked both confused and anxious. "Mon-El...., I already told you, I escaped krypton in a pod, while you already knew that....." She let out a sigh. " We're on planet Earth and the only other who survived was Kal-El. Well, at least that's what I thought." She looked up at him trying to see if he was following. "Why?" She asked while tears started falling down. "Why did you hurt all these people?" He felt bad but also believed she was being a little unreasonable. He'd woken up in a strange place with strange people surrounding him. What would she do if that happened to her? 

     "Kara, I, what was I supposed to do? I had no idea where I was and I still don't! I didn't know you'd be here! If I had I would've! Never mind, forget it..." He said cutting himsel off before he could finish his thought. "You would've what?" Kara said In a tremulous voice. "I said forget it." He replied coldly. "After all this time, I've thought about you Mon-El, every night! But this, this, is not you. Your different." She said wiping away a tear and leaving him in the room alone. 

     The words she uttered felt like a stab in the heart. Whenever he thought about seeing her again, he never pictured it going like this. He'd pictured being reunited with the girl he once loved and them walking off into the sunset together but this, this was definitely not that. 

20 Years Ago : On Krypton 

Kara's POV 

   Kara had never been so nervous in her life, in less then an hour she would be meeting her future husband. She still didn't think she was ready, not matter how hard shed tried to convince to be okay with it for the greater good, she couldn't. She didn't love this guy, she'd never met him even and she was expected to marry him in less then a year. She was still so young and wasn't ready to marry anyone, let alone a Daxamite, let alone the prince of the Daxamites. She still couldn't believe her parents had done this to her.

     She was getting overwhelmed so she turned to the one person who always made her smile. Her six year old cousin, Kal-El. She loved him very much and to be honest she was sometimes even jealous of him. He was so happy all the time for he didn't have the weight of two planets resting on his soldiers. She wished she could be as ignorant as the six year old sometimes, still feel so innocent. 

     The boy she was going to marry was a horrible person she already knew that. He would never love her and she couldn't ever love him. They were expected to unite two peoples but they probably couldn't even unite themselves. She wouldn't really expect much from him, even when they're married. He'd probably be with a different girl every week, leave her alone with the children they were expected to have. How was she supposed to raise children when she is barley even an adult yet, how was she supposed to give up her life and grow up so fast.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The confrontation between Mon-El and Kara is supposed to be similar to the one in 3x07 in case you were wondering. Who's excited for Kara and Mon-El to finally meet! You'll have to wait to read the next chapter and find out what happens! I'm so happy y'all are enjoying this so far!!!