Real

Present Day : On Earth

Kara's POV

     She had been awake staring at the ceiling tiles for hours now. Every now and then they'd send a doctor in to check her vitals and she'd shut her eyes and pretend to be asleep. Alex came twice and Winn did as well, she'd do the same. How could this even be possible? Was it all for nothing? What happened? Hundreds of thoughts were running through her mind as she struggled to process the news he just delivered. It couldn't be true? Could it? She'd been debating that almost the entire night. It was nearing 4am now and Kara felt no more at ease than when she first heard the news.

     If he was truly alive and coming for them did their planets die for nothing? Her parents, her family and friends all gone just like that and for what? A couple years of false security on a planet that wasn't hers. A couple years secretly mourning, hating or missing, usually a combination of all three, the love of her life. She contemplated this new thought as she heard the squeak of the med bay door open, this time she didn't bother to close her eyes.

     "Kara thank god, what happened?" It was her sisters voice laced with concern. She wanted to respond and wanted to tell her everything but what good would it do. Mon-El was the only one who could even begin to process how she felt right now. So instead she put on a faint smile that didn't reach her eyes and looked at her sister.

     "I'm so sorry for scaring you Al, I know it's been a while since one of my panic attacks but it just all hit me at once, seeing him again. I was overwhelmed and that set it off. I'm fine don't worry about me." Her sister just looked at her with a sad smile and a nod. That answer seemed to satisfy her for now.

     If there was any truth to what Mon-El had told her though, she knew they didn't had time to waste she had to see him again. She began to sit up until Alex's hand met her shoulder and tried to push her back down. "Are you crazy you just passed out where do you think you're going you need to rest!" Luckily she had super strength on her side as she push her sisters arm away and got out of the make shift hospital bed.

     "I already told you, I'm fine Alex. I have to go see him though, now!" said Kara.

     "Ya like hell you do!" Her sister exclaimed with a chuckle in her voice. "Kara, he's the reason you're here in the first place! Why on earth would you need to see him again?" She yelled.

     "It's complicated!" Kara matched her sister's tone as she walked out of the room heading straight towards the holding cells.

"Ya well try me!" Alex yelled in Kara's direction as she stood still no longer chasing after her.

"There are things we have to work out just between us. I just need you to trust me Alex, please." Kara responded as she stopped dead in her tracks still facing her back to her sisters.

"Fine, I trust you." Said Alex and without another word she walked away. Kara sighed but ultimately she knew that had to be done. It was just a matter of time. She took that as her cue to continue towards the holding cells as she walked in the room, his room. He was standing right there, waiting, watching her, silent.

"We need to talk." Said Kara. He nodded back.

20 Years Ago: On Krypton

Kara's POV

     It had been a couple days since their announcement to the people of Krypton and Daxam of their soon to be new arrangement. Almost everyone was outraged and Kata herself just felt sad. She mourned the bond and trust she had with her people, she mourned her freedom and her past life. Mon-El and her hadn't spoken much outside of mandatory events or meetings and only then discussing their ceremony and the new treaty between their countries. Maybe it was from a lack of communication between the two but he seemed to have grown more bearable since they'd first met. Don't get her wrong Kara did not like him at all and she was in no way, shape or form happy about the arrangement yet her anger had slightly settled.

     She let her mind wander aimlessly as she strolled through the corridors, thinking of nothing in particular yet everything at once. She turned the corner as she crashed into a large, bulky object. What was that? She thought until she looked up and realized not a what but a who. "Prince Mon-El, I apologize" she blurted out without really thinking.

     He looked back down at her with a quizzical and faint smirk. "You apologize?" He questioned. Kara simply rolled her eyes, got up and began to walk right past him and she was pulled right back by a tug on her arm. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. They looked at each other, frozen, for just a minute, until Kara's senses returned and she pushed his hand off of her wrist.

     "What?" She spat, as he continued locking his eyes with hers.

     "I- I'm sorry okay. That's it." He stuttered out and then turned around to walk away. Kara's brow furrowed, had he just been sincere? She continued her walk down the halls as she once again allowed her mind to wander with thoughts yet this time, the only thing popping into her head was his face. Oh Mon-El what are you doing to me?

Present Day: On Earth

Mon-El's POV

     "We need to talk." She spat. All he could do was nod in reply.

     "A- Are you, are you okay?" He questioned. After all he'd been genuinely worried about her.

"That's not important right now." She states coldly. She was strong, he knew that it was one of the things he loved about her. He admired her for it but deep down he knew she was just as scared as he was. "You said he's back." She both asked and told him. "How do I know your being truthful?" She questioned.

"Kara, you know I would never lie to y-" he started but was quickly interrupted.

"Stop. Just stop. How do I know you're being truthful?" She cut him off and tried again as she looked at him with sad eyes.

"Kara, you have to believe me it's too important." He pleaded for her to understand.

"How. How is it even possible? We finished it, we- I lost everything because of it. I cried almost every night secretly mourning. My people, my family you... but you were lost before it even ended. Rao Mon-El I thought you were dead and now you just show up here, alive, and telling me so is he!" He didn't know what to say. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

Just then the pain in his head and ringing in his ears returned and he could tell Kara felt it too. His heart hurt as he watched her wince in pain wanting nothing but to take that pain away. Then a dreaded voice returned.

"Kara Zor-El of Krypton and Mon-El of Daxam, let this serve as a warning to you. I am alive and well and I have my plans. Very soon, this planet will suffer the same fate as your own." Then an evil chuckle and just silence. Kara's eyes locked with Mon-El's, she believed him now, she understood. She knew it was real.

A/N I hope this lives up to some of your expectations I know I don't really update but I'm going to try to finish the story, slowly but surely. I'm just not really into the show anymore and don't have as much motivation but seeing as their are many requests to continue I will do my best! Enjoy!