004. We're in LA - IRL/Texts/Instagram

IRL

Things had been sort of crazy since my appearance on Jimmy Fallon. It seemed like everyone was interested on me being on their show or on interviewing me for something or doing a photoshoot with me. Luckily, my manager let me pick and choose what I wanted to do, which wasn't much. I knew that I needed to ease back into things and I needed to take things slow so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed. I took the ones that I knew I'd be the most comfortable with, so ones mainly shows I'd been on before or worked with before.

"Ava, get your ass up," Ellie said as she pulled the covers off my body, "this is your first free day in like three weeks and I want to go to brunch."

"But I'm tired," I groaned as I pulled a pillow over my head. The pillow was snatched from my grip and the next thing I knew I was being hit over the head with it. "Ow, ow, ow, geeze! Okay, I'm up," I giggled as I sat up.

"Good, you have an hour," Ellie smiled. I ripped the pillow from her grip and smacked her with it before she could defend herself. "I deserved that one," she said as she fixed her hair.

"Yeah, ya did," I said, "Now get out, you're eating up my getting ready time." She laughed as she walked out of my room and into her own. It didn't take me the full hour to get ready, so we ended up leaving earlier. We went to my favorite cafe near our house and we were seated on the back deck as usual.

"So, have you gotten to talk to your future cast mates anymore?" Ellie asked right as we were being seated

"I mean a little on the group here and there, but I haven't even had time to breathe properly," I answered, "I'm gonna make an effort to talk to them all more now that things are sort of calming down a little bit. They're all so sweet and I really want to get to know them a little before filming starts next month."

"You need to take it a little bit slower, babe," she said, "I know that there's people pushing you to do more, but I don't want you to overwork yourself."

"I know," I sighed, "I just, I love being back and I guess I just want to make up for the lost time."

"You're twenty, you have all the time in the world to do things," she laughed.

"You're right," I smiled, "So, what are we doing for the rest of the day?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa? The whole day? Clingy," she singsonged.

"Shut up," I laughed, "You woke me up and dragged me out of bed, you're in charge of entertaining me for the rest of the day." She rolled her eyes at me playfully.  "Or maybe not," I said as I looked down at my phone. It had just dinged.

"Don't you dare ditch me," Ellie glared.

Texts:

New message from: Mom of the Year

Mom of the Year: Hey! So Dacre and I are in LA for the next few days and we would love to meet you!

Ava: I'm so down! Just tell me when you guys want to meet up and I'll make time

Mom of the Year: Are you free today?

Ava: Yeah! I'm hanging with my best friend, but I can just bring her

Mom of the Year: okay, cool! When do you want to meet?

Ava: we're at Hyperion Public in Studio City having brunch if you guys want to come

Mom of the Year: okay yeah. We're pretty close by, we'll be there in like 15

Ava: Awesome, ask for Ellie Williams' table when you get here