35. The Road to Friendship - Instagram/IRL

Instagram

4M likes | 238K comments

harrystyles: six of the happiest months of my life

| view more comments |

user: they're such a hot couple

user1: this is the first time harry has ever been confident enough in a relationship to share with us and it makes me so happy to see him this happy

user2: damn, when you finna dump her ass?

user3: I love this so much

user4: lmao remember last year when we all swore Hava would never happen because of Dava?

      user5: we were so off lol

user6: if these two don't get married someday, all hope for true love will be lost

namelessgem: I love you two almost as much as you love each other

      user7: his sister's comments always make me so happy

user8: I love them so much

4.9M likes | 982K comments

avaelizabeth: thanks for putting up with me for the last six months

| view more comments |

user: who else feels like six months ago was literally yesterday and these two just started dating

user1: i want to thank Harry for making our Ava so happy

user2: ugh i'm going to puke, these two are so cute

user3: I was never Ava's biggest fan, but she makes harold happy, so I guess she's okay

ddlovato: you're like the real live embodiment of a disney prince and princess

user4: so when's the wedding??

      justinbieber: and will I be invited?

      user5: omg justin 😂

      user6: we are all justin lmao

user7: ugh, i'm so sad their tour ended already

user8: i hated this ship until i realized that they're actually in love

user9: she's so cute 😭

IRL

Harry and I sat at our favorite restaurant having breakfast, he'd just said something stupid that had made me laugh a little too loudly, which in turn made him break into a fit of giggles. The people around us seemed to be annoyed, but we didn't care. In fact, I think that just made us laugh even harder. We stayed a little longer before we decided it'd be a good idea to just get out of there before we were asked to leave.

"So, where to?" I asked as he threw his arm around my shoulders and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I was thinking shopping. Nat and Charlie's engagement party is next week and I need something to wear," he said.

"Hmm, I like it," I smiled. He offered me a quick smile back before grabbing a hold of one of my hands, spinning me around and into a kiss. "I am so in love with you," I told him as we pulled away.

"Oh yeah?" I nodded, "Well I guess that's good because I am too." I laughed and shoved his shoulder playfully.

After a short car ride, we arrived at The Grove and we started walking around.We went into a few stores, bought a few things here and there. It wasn't anything too exciting, but Harry made everything an event. I was always constantly laughing with him. We were there for what felt like a short while, but in reality it had been hours. We only realized because we both started getting hungry and when we looked at the time it was already 2PM and we'd gotten there at around 10AM.

We stood next to the directory, looking at the restaurants and started trying to find somewhere to get something to eat before we'd head home and call it a day. We were discussing the options when I heard someone call my name.

"Ava?" I put a smile on my face and got ready to take a picture with a fan, only to find it was Dacre standing behind Harry and I.

"Dacre, hey," I said cheerfully. In the time since our last encounter, I'd really gotten the chance to process everything that had happened between us. I realized that it was pointless to hold a grudge or hold on to what had happened. Harry and I had discussed what would happen if I were to see him again, but I didn't think it'd actually happen, not yet at least, but I felt ready.

"Hey, man," Harry said in a friendly tone, reaching out to shake his hand, which Dacre reciprocated.

"What are you two up to?" he asked.

"We were just about to grab a bite," I smiled, "What about you?"

"I was just doing some shopping," he answered.

"Wanna take a break and join us?" Harry offered as he snaked an arm around my waist.

"Yeah, I'd love to," he smiled, "Where to?"

"I'm craving a mimosa too, so we were thinking Mixology 101," I told him.

"Sweet, let's go," he said. The walk over there was pretty quiet, making me a little scared that it'd be like that the whole time that we were together, but it wasn't. The conversation got rolling once we got inside and sat down, well more after we ordered.

"So, what have you been up to?" I asked as I sipped on my drink.

"I just got back from Australia," he said, "I've been home with my family for a little bit, but I knew I had to come back as soon as I got Natalia and Charlie's invite. That's why I'm shopping, actually. I need something nice to wear."

"Us too," Harry smiled.

"Ah, so I guess I'll be seeing you both there then?" he asked, earning a nod from me. "What have you two been up to in life?"

"We've just been trying to relax a little after all the tour madness," I answered, "I don't think we've really given much thought to doing anything other than just treating ourselves for a little while."

"Right, I've heard nothing but good things about the shows you two put on," Dacre smiled. The conversation died down a little bit and I heard Harry clear his throat.

"Hey, so I just wanted to let you know that I know about your past with Ava," he began, "And I know how much you two cared for one another, and I think that this is great right now, that you two are talking. I'm on board with whatever friendship you two want to pursue as long as you're respectful of our relationship, which I'm sure you will be." I smiled up at Harry as he took my hand into his.

"Thanks, man," D responded, "I can assure you that that's all that will be there, if Ava even wants that." He turned to me.

"Of course," I smiled.