009. Clearing the Air - IRL/Group Text/Instagram

IRL

I took a few days off social media to just regroup since I still didn't have to be on set for anything and I talked to Justin about it, he was doing the same thing. That turned out to be one of the worst things I could've done. Our absence and lack of response to the situation turned out to just generate more rumors and fake stories. There were stories going around saying we were engaged and that we'd been dating since before I'd come out from my break, there were some saying that he or I had begged the other to get back together, or other crazy stuff like that. During those few days I'd also decided not to talk to Dacre about the situation because I came to the conclusion that I didn't even know if he actually liked me and we were nothing more than just friends at that point.

No one really brought anything up when I got back on set for filming, they didn't really seem to have anything to say on the matter except that they'd missed me a little and set had been quiet the past few days. The only exception to this was Dacre. He was sort of off. He'd avoid me, or when we would hang out he would be distant and weird, which kind of bummed me out, but I still didn't want to bring anything up because I didn't know the cause and I didn't want to assume it was because of me.

Group Text

New message from Rap God to Stranger Texts

Rap God: We should all have a movie night soon!

Noah-fence: Yeah! We haven't all hung out in soooo long

Mom of The Year: yooo i'm down

My Girlfriend: Charlie and I are in

Curly: What time?

Kangaroo Wrangler: I'm free after 6:30

Kermit the Frog: Let's do 7:30

Mini Chocolate Thunder: And where?

Kangaroo Wrangler: We can do my place

Mom of the Year: AVA! YOU COMING?

Kermit the Frog: Please!

Ava: I have a meeting with my managers at 7, but I'll try to come straight after 😊

Noah-fence: woo! This is so exciting

IRL

Filming had been stressful that day and the meeting with my managers was just stressing me out even more because I knew we were going to talk publicity and the rumor situation. We were meeting at an office space in the city, and the whole drive over I was just dreading it. I didn't know what they would recommend doing and I was scared that I wouldn't want to do it.

"Ms. Bell," the receptionist greeted me as I walked in. I offered her a small smile and a wave. "Your team is waiting for you on the 5th floor in 506," I quickly thanked her before making my way up to the little conference room. I took a deep breath before entering.

"Ava," Lucy greeted me, "Take a seat please."

"This feels a lot like that one time I missed curfew and my parents grounded me," I said, trying to lighten the mood a little. I earned a light laugh from them.

"Well, let's hope we don't have to ground you today," Lucy joked back, making me relax just a little bit. "So I'm sure you've seen some of the stuff floating around," She said, I nodded. "We just need to know what's going on so that we can address the situation from there."

"We just met up as friends," I sighed, "And then I guess stuff just sort of spiraled out of control from there and people started assuming a lot of stuff that wasn't true. Oh, and then you know, as always, there was that fake inside source."