Chapter Nine: Off limit

The afternoon come quickly, everyone in that castle was busy preparing everything and their selves.

Of course they would, they need to please someone that visite their land, their future queen, that would married the crowned Prince.

- Reader's POV.

After the maid made the last pull on my hair it was done. I groaned and tilt my head sideways.

The corset I'm wearing isn't helping, the tight and secure cloth make me feel high, the grip was so much, how could they last long in this things? 

I'm only wearing it to be presentable. Aren't i presentable enough, wearing it or not they wouldn't question it. I just never see the deal, sure it would gave a very good look and shape but, can't we just work on it.

" Majesty " Called the maid. I only look at her through the mirror.

" A butler will inform you when your needed "

The maid bow and leave, silently closing the door behind her.

I look at my reflection, observing how I look, my lips were in a tight line, my eyes doesn't have a normal shine that everyone has, my cheeks were flushed  pink due to the cold, my thick and long lashes were creating a shadow over my eyes. I put my gloved hands over my cheek. I pull the white lacey gloved away, as I trailed my fine fingers to my face.

I'm strong. I wouldn't be here if I'm not.

My father always say that to me.

But I never asked how strong I am.
Until my mother made me realise how strong I can be.

" You'll never know how strong you are, not until being strong is the only option "

I closed my eyes as I reminisce her words, how she cupped my face with care, how her soft and warm hands were pressed over my cheeks. Her true and genuinely smile makes me ease my every worry.

A knock on the door make me gasp in surprise.

" Come in " I order.

A well dressed man entered with formal stand and gesture.

" The queen ask for your presence " He said in low but full of voice.

I quickly put the glove again and stand. I take a deep breath and step forward; exiting the double door as the man closed it quietly, but the small fraction of the door was heard.

" This way, Your Majesty " He guided me towards the back of the castle. In the way there I never see a maid or another person.

I feel a presence, something I know? I brush off the feeling since I'm being stupid to think that someone's or something's presence was there and watching us. Impossible, I never saw a person.

As we continue, until a door was infront of us, he open it and bow.

" After you, Majesty "

I held my head higher, I stiffen my posture, trying to be intimated. Trying? I already am, a small smugly and mocking smile make its way to my lips, as I feel the the side of my lips tug upwards. The fire of the mischief in my eyes lit up a second before calming my self down.

The light outside ruin my eyesight for a seconds.

" Y/n, don't look at the clouds too much " Said the smiling queen indront of me.

A small grin of smile I made for her and answer.

" No worries, I can handle it " As she only nods and gave me a gentle smile.

I turned my back at her and enter the carriage as she does the same next to me, we're facing each other, as I just look at the small window, trying to see our way and memorize it.

The flat surface that the carriage we're in was now gone, it change into a flat grass with roots and a few rocks that made the carriage shake inside but sooner it gets gentle and stable again, telling we've reach the city's road.

As I smell lots of different smells, hear different voices, horse's louder footsteps creating a tic toc onto the hard ground, a small fireplace, a lot of stores, a children's laugher, man's laughing and their wives gossiping in the early afternoon.

I spot a small girl walking holding a big basket full of different breads and seasonings. Struggle and tiredness was written on her pretty face, yet she handle it on her small arms and hands, hugging the basket to her small body.

Pity. I never see such things over my kingdom. Soon, concern was over my face. I thought it was a proper mannered city, with good Samaritans people and such. The mischief on my eyes once again lit up, hotter than before, it could never be tame. Not even this ' queen ' in front of me.

The ride was getting... quite longer. I thought we've reach the civilisation.

Forrest again!? Are we getting out of the kingdom's boundary!? No. The kingdom's lands was huge, I'm sure of it. So it means were the desserts part of it!?

Shit. This is not so good. I face the queen to say somethings but the older female was knock out. The carriage was fast the shake wasn't the same anymore. It get rougher and i put my hands to the side helping my self not to get hurt or else every hit of my self on every corner of thing carriage was going to be bruised. I put a pillow to the top of the queens head. I'm not heartless I have a small respect for her.

" Where on earth we're going!? " I asked the venom on my voice was twice thicker than I thought. No one answers me though.

I tried to open the door but it was no use.

" Answer me!! Damn it!! " I shouted.

" Where the hell hole were going!? " My voice struggle as the moving carriage. I tired not to get hurt and also look after the sleeping queen.

She's not freaking sleeping!! No one can sleep in this state!! Someone's able to knock her through something!!

I pull my dress and grab my small knife. I know the queen also has he own knife. I put it back. No! It's not the time to use it!!

My father taught me that.
My mother show me that.

Suddenly the carriage stops and I harshly bump into the it's wall.

I'm running out of patient. Suddenly the carriage stops and before I could strike someone hit that back of my left neck, it tricked my brain.

A black dots of darkness consume my surrounding, I felt numb. I see a man in black with something sharp into his hand go near the queen. A knife perhaps.

" Don't.. you .. go.. near .. Her!.. " I tried to fight the urge to sleep.

" You sure are hard one to bring down, aren't ya? " He's voice echoed in my head, I can hear my heart rate increase, I can't see his face clearly through the dark dots that moving circulations on my vision and my hair  falling and covering half of my eye through its strand.

I felt a harder hit as the pain sting over it.

" Sleep well dear.. "

Is the last thing I hear before I fall into unconsciousness.

.....

A/N: Sorry, it took long. I'm writing this in class. And not listening because, why not? So yah. We're getting near to the climax lol.

YOLO!

I'll update more often now, now that I'm back being human. Kay. Love lots.