You Missed (Garcia)

You had been smitten with Penelope Garcia for months now. Ever since you assumed your new position at the BAU, she had captivated your attention. You and the team were working on a very difficult case, probably the worst that you had seen since you'd been there. It was happening right in Quantico and none of you had any idea on how to catch the guy. Penelope came over to your desk with a slightly optimistic look on her face however.

"What's up Pen?" You asked.

"I may have found our guy." She stated.

You got everyone gathered into the round room and let Penelope begin talking.

"Okay so since he's targeting divorced women who have won custody battles over their children, I thought we should start by narrowing down the list of men and women who have divorced and men who have lost custody of their children in the last three months. So I got that list and then I thought about how Reid said that he was targeting women who most likely looked like his ex-wife. So I narrowed down the list to women who looked like the victims. And I got about 8 matches. So then I thought maybe the age of the children has something to do with it. And all of the kids of the mothers that have been murdered have all been female and six. So I got the list down to one guy. Robert Brown. 287 Pond Water Drive." She explained.

The whole team, with the exception of you and Penelope, took off. You waited with Penelope and when you heard back from Prentiss, you learned that Robert was indeed the killer and that they had found his ex-wife tied up in his basement. She was still alive and they got her home to her daughter.

"Penelope Garcia you are a genius and I don't know what we would do without you." You told her, pulling her into a hug and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

You pulled away and smiled at her, turning to walk back to your desk when she spoke.

"You missed." She said.

"What?" You asked.

"You missed. Your lips were supposed to touch mine." She replied.

You walked back over to her and pulled her against you, letting your lips fall to hers. After breathing became an issue, you pulled away and rested your forehead against hers.

"I've been waiting way too long for that to happen." She muttered.

"Me too." You chuckled.

You and Penelope decided to wait a little while before telling the rest of the team, as to try out your relationship and determine if it was truly what the two of you wanted. But once you told them, they threw the two of you a party and each of them couldn't stop talking about how they've been waiting since you joined the team for the two of you to start dating.