[2]

District 1

District 1

Jisoo gazed sadly out the window of the train as it sped into the capital. She had not wanted to be a tribute. She had not wanted to enter the hunger games. The shy girl with dark hair was not particularly good at anything other than staying out of her father's way. She knew she had never lived up to his expectations so she preferred to spend her time alone where she wouldn't get in anyone's way.

So when her father volunteered her along with her cousin Namjoon for the hunger games she knew exactly why. He wanted her dead so Namjoon could lead the clan. He was always going on about how much better it would be if Namjoon was his son instead. Her father knew Jisoo could never win the hunger games and that even if Namjoon died he'd still have her little sister Chaeyoung who was already more qualified than her.

Maybe dying won't be so bad, Jisoo thought to herself. Maybe it'll be quick and then I'll be at peace. She sighed. As the train entered the city she saw crowds of people from the capital were cheering as the train pulled in. They were shouting and waving trying to get a look at this year's tributes. For some reason teenagers sent to their deaths was nothing more than entertainment to them.

Jisoo felt embarrassed as they all stared at her. She waved for a moment before quickly putting her hand down. Turning to her right she saw Namjoon wasn't paying them any attention at all. He had spent the whole ride talking to their mentor trying to memorize exactly what he would need to do to get as many sponsors as possible.

When the train pulled in they were led out into the evening breeze where a crowd watched on both ends. They were led past the crowds and into the large hotel that was set up specifically for the hunger games. Each floor was designed for the tributes from that district but they weren't going there now. Jisoo knew they were being led away to, as their mentor called it, "make them all pretty". The shy girl shuddered.

She was taken into a room separate from Namjoon where her prep team was waiting. The prep team was three women with heavy modifications to their bodies and plenty of makeup. The first thing they did was strip her down and scrub her clean. They did this twice to make absolutely sure and they did it rough so Jisoo's skin was red afterwards.

Then they went about cutting her hair, cleaning her nails, removing any marks or anything else they could think of. After they cleaned her hair the next thing they did was to remove all the hair off her body. Not caring at all for the pain they were causing the poor girl they made quick work of ripping the hair off her legs.

"Aahhh!" A short cry escaped her lips as they ripped more hair off. She had tried to be quiet but wasn't used to that kind of pain. Biting her lip a few tears ran down her face as she tried to hold it in. Her prep team however was not impressed.

"Oh God, she's a whiner. I hate the whiners."

"Why do we always get the whiners?"

"These little brats are so ungrateful! We do all this work on them and all they do is cry!"