[3]

After two days of training the twenty-four tributes were expected to show their skills in front of a group of judges who would give them a score from one to twelve. Some of them knew exactly what they were going to do while others were unsure. All of their mentors kept reminding them how very important this was as their score would influence whether anyone would want to sponsor them.

It went in order from district one going first to district twelve being the very last. The boy went first and then the girl. The first to go was Namjoon who had the judges' full attention as he showed his skills in multiple weapons. Jisoo was next to go and she was less confident as she tried to make a good impression.

Bambam and Mina were next with at least some success. What Mark and Nayeon did was a mystery but Yugyeom and Jihyo had mixed results. Yoongi managed to surprise the judges though Sana's medical skills less so. Next Jackson and Tzuyu went followed by Jungkook and Lisa.

Jimin managed to use his intellect to his advantage. Rose went after him then Jin and Jungyeon. Next was Hoseok and Momo followed by Jinyoung and Dahyun until finally only Taehyung and Jennie were left. They were both nervous; more so because they had to go last.

"Nervous?" Taehyung asked his companion.

"A little," Jennie admitted. "Know what you're going to do?"

"Not really," he laughed. "I'm just going to wing it."

She sighed, "That won't get you any sponsors."

"Hey I'll get some sponsors!" he told her confidently.

Just then Dahyun came out. Taehyung knew it was his turn now. Taking a deep breath he stood up and walked over to the room the judges were in. "Good luck." Jennie told him. He nodded before opening the door and going in.

Now Jennie was alone and nervous. Staring at her hands she worried about how if she screwed this up it could mean the difference between life and death. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her head and her hands felt clammy.

Twenty minutes later Taehyung came out and waved her in. Her knees felt shaky as she walked in. The judges looked bored after having seen all the other tributes try to impress them so Jennie knew she'd have to be amazing just to get their attention.

Usually someone showed their skill with a weapon in order to impress the judges. Building fires and identifying plants was considered boring by the judges. Especially for the later tributes. Jennie had found during training that she had a bit of a knack for throwing knives and things so she decided to use that.

There were all different kinds of weapons placed so the tributes could use them along with targets. Picking up a half dozen knives she stood in front of a target. Concentrating hard she threw one of the knives and while it missed the middle it was close. She threw another and this one hit the center dead on.