[5]

I've heard your prayers

I've heard your prayers. and they have been answered, this fanfic is on the roll again!

The sun rose on the morning of the second day. Namjoon lay beneath a tree still sound asleep and undisturbed. Elsewhere Jihyo licked her wounds before falling into her own unconscious state. Back at the cornucopia Mina and Bambam were concerned. Their three teammates had not returned that night. It was morning but neither of them had slept since they were both on guard duty.

Meanwhile hidden in the trees looking on at the two guards were two sets of eyes watching patiently. They saw the sleep deprived looks on their faces and smirked. "This is perfect! With the other three gone these two will be easy pickings."

"I don't know Mark; what if they come back?" The other one asked.

"We have no idea when they'll be back Nayeon." He answered. "That's why we have to do it now. If we wait till they come back we'll have to fight off five of them and then we'll be outnumbered. We take these two now by surprise and they'll never see it coming. Next thing they know they'll be dead!"

"Okay, what's the plan?"

"We'll start a fire," Mark said holding up a lighter. "Kill them, burn their stuff and flee. When their teammates see the fire they'll come running back and then we'll ambush them too."

"Sounds good," Nayeon nodded. "But do we light their stuff on fire before or after we kill them?"

"After. We have to take some of their supplies when they're dead and we don't want them to hurry back before their teammates are dead."

Once Nayeon agreed the two sharpened their weapons before attacking.

Meanwhile Bambam was feeling rather drowsy. He was doing a bad job of keeping watch and he knew it. The problem was one of them had to keep watch and he and Mina hadn't decided who got to sleep and who had to stay up.

Stretching his arms above his head he let out a yawn. Smacking his lips together he mumbled something to himself and hoped Mina was too busy on watch to notice he wasn't paying attention. This would turn out to be a dangerous mistake.

Suddenly two figures leapt out of the trees and attacked. Before Bambam could even react Mark pulled out a crossbow and shot an arrow straight into his chest followed by a second arrow. The force alone knocked the breath out of the boy and he crumbled to the ground.

Suddenly a spear slashed at Mark's head. He barely managed to duck in time. Mina had taken a swing at him and was pulling back for another one. Anger filled her face after seeing her comrade shot down so mercilessly.

"Nayeon!" He called out. "Stab her already!"

The dark haired girl was wielding two long knives to stab at Mina. She nearly gutted the poor girl but she leapt away at the last moment. Nayeon didn't stop but continued to try to stab her. Mina was on the defensive but soon started to block the attacks with her spear.