[9]

The morning of the seventh day was greeted by rainclouds sent by the game masters

The morning of the seventh day was greeted by rainclouds sent by the game masters. The sun did not make an appearance; only more clouds. It soon began to rain heavily. Big drops of water that fell everywhere and made everything wet. The four remaining tributes were soon soaked.

Taehyung and Jennie had left the lake and instead searched for the remaining two elsewhere. Meanwhile Jungkook was on the hunt for Hoseok after the silent tribute had stolen some of his food supplies. Knowing he couldn't be too far ahead Jungkook searched for him high and low.

And as luck would have it Hoseok's movements had been restricted. It was raining far too heavily for him to be up in the trees jumping from branch to branch. Not only was it too slippery but he could hardly see two feet in front of his face. So instead Hoseok was on the ground like everyone else.

Jungkook chased him through the forest with a sword in each hand. He was having a very hard time trying to catch up as Hoseok had a good head start and was a skilled runner. He lunged through the forest at great leaps as Jungkook found it hard to keep up.

But with that much water it was only a matter of time. As Hoseok leapt forward he slipped in all that water and his body came crashing down. He hit the ground hard and his face landed in the mud. Spitting it out he turned over to see Jungkook had caught up to him and was mere feet away.

Hoseok threw one of his throwing knives he kept hidden in his shirt at Jungkook. It punctured his right shoulder. "Arggh!" Jungkook did not stop running but ripped the knife out of his shoulder with one hand as he ran.

As he came toward Hoseok the quiet boy pushed out with his upper body and kicked out with both legs. Both feet connected with Jungkook's stomach sending him hurtling backwards. He hit the ground with a thud a few feet away. Hoseok quickly pulled himself back to his feet and ran off.

Despite having the air knocked out of his lungs Jungkook was not about to give up. Trying to catch his breath he pulled himself to his feet. Tightening the grip on his swords he ran after the fleeing tribute.

Jungkook would've liked to throw something at Hoseok's back as he ran but dare not throw either of his swords. He still had a knife in his pocket but without being able to put one of his weapons down he didn't think he'd be able to throw it well enough to hit.

Hoseok was maybe twenty feet ahead of him now. He was no longer trying to lose his pursuer in the trees or trap him long enough to escape. Instead he was merely running straight ahead of him. Jungkook thought if he put all his energy into sprinting he might catch up to him. But just then Hoseok suddenly turned to the right into the trees and out of sight.

Surprised Jungkook kept running till he got to the same spot and turned right himself but right before he reached the trees Hoseok slashed at him with a knife. The weapon was parallel to his neck and it would surely cut his throat and kill him. But Jungkook had a split second to slip and chose to fall on his back rather than die.