Chapter 3, The New Girl

~Peyton' s POV~

    I can't believe them, just attacking me out of nowhere, for no reason, all I said was the my mom was Egyptian and my dad was Norse. Last time I checked, all the religions got along greatly, I mean if they weren't, I wouldn't be here right now, and I know I'm not the only mixed religion kid out there. Wait, are the Greek gods and goddesses getting along with the Norse and Egyptian, that's the problem. The Greeks must despise the Norse and Egyptian, but why. I don't think we've done anything wrong, or anything to offend them. I guess I'll just have to find  out, man, just thinking about all the effort I am going to have to put into this sounds incredibly tiring. Might as well and get started on hunting them down, time to go into my lion form.

    As soon as I transform I get a gigantic whiff of their scent, man that's a strong smell, it's a good smell, but man is it strong, almost so strong that I could see it. I head in the direction that the scent trail points to.

    I run nearly five miles before I finally feel the scent get stronger, which means that they are close, I take a few more steps cautiously, making sure not to step on anything that would make a noise, and stick to the tall grass. While I am  practically tiptoeing, which is really difficult in lion form, about five feet I can make an outline of them, which means I have to move even slower if I plan on getting close enough to listen in on their conversation.

    As I draw almost to listening distance, I accidentally step on a stick and it breaks, which leads to the group to all look around, I quickly but subtly duck down even lower, but one of them must have spotted me and they take off in a run, but two of them stay behind, one of them being the one trying to coax me into doing what she says and the other one is the one that tries to drown me. What do they plan on doing? Shortly after asking myself that question a gigantic wave of lilac scented water comes huddling my way, now why did they send that at me, they know the water has no effect on me. I'll just let the wave hit me, it's not that big of a wave anyways. As soon as the wave hits me though, I realize what they were doing, man they're smarter than I thought, they just masked their scent. Great, now I'm going to have to wait at least an hour to be able to smell anything else besides for lilac, which gives them plenty of time to escape. Well if I can't do anything, might as well and take a nap.