Chapter 4, On the Run

~James POV~

    "Man, we just barely got away from her that time, good job Penelope and Jade with the scented wave, great way to throw her off our trail." Nicholas says, with some major gratitude in his voice.

   "No problem, just doing what I can to keep as many of us alive as possible." Jade replies with a smile.

   "It is too bad for Valkerie, we weren't even on earth for that long before she was killed, I guess that just shows that we have to be on guard at all times." Angel says

    "Yeah, and we also need to figure out what to do with that, abomination." I say

   "But what can we do, she's too powerful, we're only demi-gods, and she's an all powerful goddess with practically the need to kill and with the fire power to back her up to do it." Rose states

   "There's nothing we can do, until we figure out how to stop her we'll just have to stay on the run." I say, "Its starting to get dark, let's find a place to camp, I'll take first watch once were settled."

    "But the Sun is down James, you need to rest. If you don't, you won't be any help to us if your drained of all your energy." Angel says concerned

    "I'll be fine, my power doesn't even work against her anyways." I respond

   "I don't mean to be inconsiderate about the situation at hand, but make sure that our camping spot is somewhere near water." Penelope throws in.

      "Yes, we'll find a body of water for you to sleep in. Ok, the faster we get moving, the faster we get to sleep." I say, and then start to look for a secure place to rest that has water.

    After a while of walking around in the forest, I finally find a spot that looks like it would occupy all our needs, a nice body of water for Penelope, some shady areas for Nicholas and Angel, some flowers and other beautiful vegetation for Rose and Jade, and a spot in the center that looks like the Sun light will shine through. I think the mortals call this place a clearing, or something like that. The others go to lay down so that they can rest, while I sit in the middle and keep watch. Hopefully it will be a boring night.

   When I finally couldn't stay awake any longer, I go to wake up Nicholas, figuring he'll be the one most willing to stay up til sunlight, which is when we'll all need to get moving again anyways.

    "Nicholas, Nick, wake up, I need you to take over my shift."

   "Wha..., oh it's just you James, what's up?" He asks, apparently he didn't hear me.

    "I was just wondering if you were willing to take over the watch, I just can't stay awake any longer." I say kind of sluggish.

   "Yeah, sure I can take over, I'm surprised you didn't suggest it in the first place, considering the fact that my mother is the goddess of night" He responds, with a smirk running across his face.

   "Oh, shush, and wipe that smirk off your face I just figured everyone else needed the rest more than me, so I took first shift, now I need you to take over." I say giving him the best death glare I can manage, without actually closing my eyes and falling asleep.

   "Ok, ok, you go get your sleep, I'll take over watch." He replies, laughing, then walks away turning into his shadow form.

    I head back over to the center of the clearing and as soon as my head hits the ground, I'm out.