Chapter 11, Returning Home

Chapter 11

Returning Home

~Peyton' s POV~

Why is it so bright out, the last that I remember it was dark out, what happened. Oh wait, the paralysis from the battle axe, now I remember. Great, it must have been at least a couple of days, they must be miles ahead of me, and I probably have a very little chance with finding their scent, but I got to try and find it anyways, I need to find out why they were attacking me. But first, I need to find their scent, which means I need to be in my lion form. So I change into my lion form and start sniffing around, after circling the clearing for a little while I catch their scent near the center of the clearing, I close my eyes and begin to follow the trail, I walk for what seems like days, but was probably only a couple of hours, until the trail just stops, how in the world did the trail just stop, I open up my eyes and see that there is a river, wow, they are a lot smarter than I thought, great this is going to be harder than I thought. Before I even get a chance to make a decision on which direction of the river I want to follow, I get this all of a sudden urge to return to Thor, I wonder why that is. Oh well, my urges haven't proven me wrong yet, so might as well and go and see him again, plus, I really have missed his company.

So I turn around and nearly take off in a sprint to return home, it's going to take me a while to get home, and I want to get there as fast as I possibly can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm finally home now, and so I shift back into my human form and call out Thor's name, I hear him answer me with a grunt in the bedroom, he must have just woken up from one of his power naps that he likes to take. When I walk, in the first thing that I see of his beautiful muscular body, long lightning blonde hair, and electric blue eyes, is that he is indecent, then the next thing that I notice is that he's apparently been thinking of me, a lot. "Is this a bad time?" I ask mischievously. He doesn't answer, instead he pulls me towards him and kisses me with so much passion that I feel like I could swim in it. Before I know it, we're on the bed, under the covers and loving each other like we haven't seen each other in forever.

    A little while later, the fiery passion we had when I first got home starts to dull down some as we just lay there, looking into each others eyes, basking in the love and peace of the moment, than he asks, "So, why we're you hone so long, I've missed you so much."

   "I've noticed," I say with a laugh and sit up, than continue, "On my usual hunting trip, I ran into a group of demi-gods, before they even noticed that I was there I had already jumped on one of them and tore her to pieces, than I turned into my human form and started to try and explain that something was off about her, when they all started attacking me, I guess they didn't like that I killed her, oh well."

   "Well, would you like it if some random person just slaughters one of your friends out of no where, with not much of a reason." He interrupts,

   "Well, no I guess not, but as I was saying, after they tried attacking me, and realized that they couldn't defeat me, they took off at a run, but two stayed behind to mess with my scent before hey took off..." I explained everything that happened to me while I was gone, after a while of him thinking he finally says, "Well, maybe you should just let them be, it doesn't look like they are going to be very cooperative any time soon, and besides, I could really use some company, I get kind of lonely sitting in this empty house all by myself."

   "But, I need to find out why they seem to hate me." I reply weakly as he sits there caressing my back while he leaves a trail of kisses down my neck.

   "You even said yourself, you lost their scent when they entered the river, the only way your going to find them is by a stroke of luck, which from the way your luck has been with them so far, it  doesn't look like luck is in your favor right now." He replies, than continues his trail of kisses down to the tip of my collar bone.

   Giving into his words, I say, "I guess your right, maybe I can stay home for a while, get some serious rest before I go on the hunt again."

   "Thank you," He says, than kisses me and pulls me on top of him to give me a gigantic bear hug.

   "Your lucky I love you." I say, giving him a small stink eye before kissing him on the cheek.

   "I know I am." He replies, kissing me again. Than he rolls back over onto his other side and goes to sleep. Shortly after he passes out, I close my eyes and fall asleep.