Chapter 8, Love is in the Air

~Angel's POV~

   Shortly after Nicholas and Penelope head up to bed, Jade and Rose started up the stairs, leaving me and James down here by ourselves.

I plopped down on the bench and sighed. James came up next to me and gave me an awkward smile. Growling at him I turned over tucking my face into the bench. I regretted that as the bench smelled awful. Sputtering I whipped my head away from the bench. Just as I did this James bent down to tell me something. Trying to avoid smashing into his face I twisted my body, but me being me I fell off of the bench. I landed right on top of James chest.

"Get away!" I yelled smacking James. He grabbed my wrists and frowned.

"You fell on me!" He yelled as he stared into my eyes. Glaring back at him I ground my teeth together. What a jerk! I tried getting off of him but he had an iron grip on my arms. So he complains I'm on him but won't let me get off!

"Let go!" I stated harshly as I tried wiggling from his grip. He just shook his head and laughed at my failed attempts. Ugh! Could he get any more annoying?! Then as though my question needed answered he leaned closer to my face. Back up if you know what's good for you I screamed in my head at him. He didn't get the message as his lips came down on mine. I couldn't say the kiss was bad but he seriously needed to get away! Doing the only thing I knew to do, I kissed him back. Then as he let his grip on me loosen I pushed him away. My cheeks burning and heart beating fast, I ran from the room, up the stairs, went into my room, and onto my bed. I heard him knock on the door and buried my face in the pillows. Then as I expected he walked in.

"Hey um I um." I sighed as he awkwardly mumbled. Pushing off of the bed I walked up to him. Looking into his eyes I sighed and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Night James." I said as I pushed him out of the room and into the hallway to go to his own room. I heard him mumble a good night and then heard him walk down the hall. Hiding my face with my hair I went back into my room. This could not be happening. I couldn't possibly have fallen in love, right? Not after just a kiss that's just impossible!