Chapter 9, Stunned

Chapter 9

Stunned

~James POV~

   Did Angel just kiss me goodnight, no, she couldn't have. I didn't even mean to kiss her the first time. I mean, I wanted to kiss her, but me kissing her just then wasn't supposed to happen. Besides, she couldn't possibly like me. There's just no way. I mean, come on, she's the daughter of Hades, I don't think she even has the ability to love somebody, she's just so used to death. Anyways, why would she fall for me, I mean her father is all about like dark and despair and regret, while mine is all musical and light and artistic, those two just don't go together really well, if at all. She mist have just been sleepy and not realized what she has done, yeah that's what happened. There just can't be any other logical explanation.

       But is love ever truly logical, a weird voice says in my head.

        Well, no, I guess love really isn't logical, but, I mean, come on, we're polar opposites, how does that even make sense, an  if it did make sense, how would it work, we have nothing in common. I think back to the weird voice, great, now I'm arguing with myself.

   Sometimes opposites attract, and you might have more in common than you think, you just have to scratch behind the surface. She's been hurt before, she's put up walls, you have to be willing to break them down. The weird voice counters.

   Well you know what, I don't even know if I feel the same way about her, how do you think about that, and what if I can't break down the walls, what If I don't have the patience to break them down, or the strength. I retort, great now I must really be losing my mind.

   Don't lie to yourself, you know you fell for her shortly after you realized that not all of her is dark like her father, that she does have a good side, and if you just trust yourself, and truly want to be with her, than breaking down the walls will be easy, it will almost feel natural to you. The voice counters, again, man this voice sure knows what it's doing.

    Ok, maybe your right, maybe I have liked her for a long time, but that doesn't mean that she likes me, that kiss could have meant nothing to her and it doesn't mean she wants me to try and break down any walls that she put up. I counter, finally something that might throw the voice through a loop.

    Shortly after I had that thought, the voice replied, Stop lying to yourself, you know that anyone who deals with that much loss on a daily basis wouldn't just kiss anyone for the fun of it, she's not the daughter of Aphrodite, or Eros, she's the daughter of Hades. You know she doesn't give her heart up that easily, which also means that her walls will be hard to bring down, but she's already put a crack in them by kissing you, and you know it probably took a lot of courage for her to do what she did. Now just stop arguing with me and trust me, I know I'm right. Shortly after that, there was nothing but silence in my head.

      These are all the thoughts, plus the conversation with this weird voice, that were going through my head as I walk over to my room next door and plop down on my bed, but before I could even lay my head down on the pillow, a fire starts in my room, I go to put it out, but then out of no where, Hades popped out, great, looks like my night is about to get a whole lot worse.

"What do you want Hades?"

    "I told you to protect my daughter, not make out with her an  fall in love with her, I swear, by my brother, the almighty Zeus, that I will destroy you if you even think of hurting her, do you understand me." Hades says, his entire body completely covered in flames, but for some reason, the flames don't feel quite right, they almost feel like ice.

    "Like I told you before, I promise that no harm will come to your daughter as long as I shall live." I say shaking.

     "You better, for your sake." He says, than poofs into a cloud of smoke and disappears.

    Great, now Hades has given me the death threat twice, I doubt it can get much worse than this, oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and find out tomorrow, because right now I really need to go to sleep.