Chapter 13, Finishing the Mission

Chapter 13

Finishing the Mission

~James POV~

    Waking up in an actual bed is so much more comfortable than the cold, hard floor that I almost got used to done here on earth, it's so comfortable that I don't even really want to leave it.

     After laying there for a little while longer, I almost end up falling back to sleep when  there is a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I hollar sleeping

    "It's me, Angel, did I wake you." Angel yells through the door.

    "No, just stopped me from falling back to sleep, come on in." I yell, the door opens and she walks into the room, man does she look gorgeous today.

    "Stop staring, and go fix your hair, you have some seriously bad bed head." She says while throwing a little laugh in at the end.

   "Sorry," I say as I get up and run my hands through my hair, happy that I actually have pajama pants on when I went to bed.

    "That's better," she says smiling, then steps towards me, grabs my hand and pulls me in for a kiss, before I even have a chance  to think about what just happened, my hands are wrapped around her waist and I've picked her up and carried her to the bed, never stopping the kiss.

   Shortly after that, I start to smell smoke, not wanting to break the kiss, but also wanting to make sure that the room isn't burning down around me, I reluctantly turn around, when I turn around I first do see fire, but then I notice that it's just Hades, oh wait, it's Hades, and I'm making out with his daughter, oh I'm screwed. "You know full well how I feel about this, and yet your going to do it right after I explicitly stated that to you last night!" He exclaims, steaming once again.

    "Dad, cool yourself down, you don't need to set the entire house on fire, he's not hurting me, quite the opposite, actually, so cool your jets and return back to the underworld." Angel calmly says to her father.

    "Fine, I'll leave you two alone." and with that he vanishes into a cloud of smoke once again.

    "It's about time that he left, now where were we." Angel says, and starts kissing me again, but I pull away.

   "Sorry, it just feels awkward, I want to sit here and make out with you, but obviously he's able to watch us from wherever he is." I say apologetically

   "I guess your right," she says, than gets off the bed and says, "Well if we're not going to be doing anything right now, we might as well and question the inn keepers and everyone else in here and see why they're not worshipping our parents and the other gods anymore."

   "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." I say agreeingly, so we head downstairs to the lobby and look for some people to talk to. The first people we see are the inn keepers, so we walk up to them and start making idle chit-chat, after a while of talking about nothing in particular, I ask "So I've noticed that you don't have any of the gods or goddesses alters."

   "Oh we do, they're over here, there's the shrine for Magni, god of strength, so we can have strength to get through the day, Nanna, goddess of joy and peace, so this household will remain at peace and we'll always be happy and joyful, Hlin, goddess of consolation and protection, so that we were will always be protected. There's also Sol, goddess of the Sun, so that the Sun will rise every morning and set every evening, and Mani, god of the moon, so that the moon will rise in the evening and set in the morning." He says, looking at the shrines admiringly.

   "Those don't sound like Greek gods and goddesses." I say

   "That's because they're not, they're Norse gods and goddesses." He says, looking irritated that I brought up my heritage. I wonder why that is.

    "Why don't you worship and praise the Greek gods and goddesses anymore?" I ask

    "Because of the fact that they are never there for us anymore, we prayed to them day after day, and got nothing in return, so we turned to someone else, which just so happened to be the Norse gods and goddesses, and ever since we've started praising and worshipping them, we haven't been happier, it seems that they are loving the fact that we want to worship them, that's more than I can ever say about those Greek jerks that promised to always be there for us." He says with such anger towards the end.

    "Oh, I guess I just hadn't noticed." I say, which is true, I haven't noticed that we have been neglecting the mortals and the world, the problem isn't with these mortals, it's with us, the only reason that they turned their back on us is that we turned our back on them, we need to fix this, "Well, thanks for talking with me, I think it's time for me and my friends to leave now, I think we've overstayed our welcome," and with that, I walked over to Angel and told her it's time to go, so we round up the others.

     Once we were all together, Rose asks, "So where are we going now?"

   "Were going back home, to fix the mistakes that we have made." I say, having a look of determination all over my face.