Chapter 1

CHAPTER-1

RANE'S RESIDENCE

"Wakey wakey!!!"Prashant was trying to wake his sister who had a very rough day yesterday and was sleeping till late.

"I'm up kiddo. Tell Mom will be down in half an hour." She mumbled tangled in her sheets.

On hearing her a smile tugged at his lips and he left the room smiling.

******************************************************************************************************

"Good Morning Mamma and Pops", Gauri hollered while descending the steps.

"Good Morning Princess" voiced her parents.

"Had a nice sleep, cutie?" asked her Dad. TO which she hummed and placed her head on his chest seeking comfort.

"Dad we have a fax from some Shinde's", yelled Prashant from the office.

"Come to the kitchen Jr. " Dev shoted for Prashant to hear.

Meanwhile Mrs. Malini had placed all the breakfast and was waiting for all.

"Looks like Neha di is finally marrying...." Prashant muttered to himself as her reached the threshold.

But Gauri had heard it clearly as she pressed her face more into Dev to avoid the topic...

"Do you want to go ??" asked Malini seeing her daughter's expressions.

Even though Gauri despised the thought of seeing couples she has to go otherwise Neha wouldn't talk to her.

"Yes Mom, of course. We don't want to miss lady gaga's wedding....." she commented to which all laughed.

****************************************************************************************************

Jaipur

"Congrats Neha.... Finally you decided to marry" Gauri hugged Neha after seeing her after a long time.

"I've too. Can't miss a charmer like Sameer" Neha replied cheerfully.

"So where is this Sameer of yours......" Gauri inquired Neha.

To which Neha smiled and called Sameer to meet her crazy best friend.

When Sameer appeared in the doorway, Gauri felt a shiver run down her spine because he wasn't a normal going guy instead he was well-built, handsome and tall. He could easily tower Gauri's 5.5" figure, so she felt intimidated by his presence and glared at Neha. To which Neha just smirked and laughed.

"Gauri, Me tula kay khaanar nhi ahe.... Ashi ghabartes tiiii" Sameer interrupted the girls who have having a glaring competition.

"No, it isn't like that. It's just......" Gauri stammered and stood silent looking down. She was embarrassed to look in his eyes and talk.

Finally Sameer came in front of her and pulled her in a sisterly hug. Her walls crumpled and she cried in his chest. Sameer felt her sobs raking his shirt and he tightened his hold around her and comforted her like a brother would.

Sameer didn't knew her reason to cry but was confirmed that something was wrong. Neha too was worried for her friend but didn't pushed the matter. By then all the elders were gone. Sameer patted Gauri's cheeks while she took off from there to find some peace somewhere.

Gauri's POV

After the overwhelming meet with Sameer, I had to move from there otherwise I would have melted then and there. I thought it would be easy to see my friend and her partner being happy but like always I felt that it could be me and my partner.

But alas same feelings here too. Now how I'll live with these two lovey-dovey pups. God please take me away from these. I can't see this happiness which I know I won't have any in near future.

She is brought back from her deep thoughts by her phone vibrating......

Now I have a valid reason to flee

Melbourne here I come.

Same day at Malini and Dev's room...

Malini was yelling at her daughter to accept the project while Dev was silent and was trying to analyze Gauri's intentions. He knew she wasn't comfortable here but at this stretch he didn't knew....

When Malini finally stopped yelling Dev asked when was the flight.....

Malini was shocked but let go when she earned a glare from Dev.....

"Tomorrow at 7....." Gauri answered meekly.

Dev sighed in response and told her he would come to drop her.....

-5th January 2018